How to Force Google to Recrawl or Revisit your website regularly?

crespy

Hi everyone,
Are there any methods how to force Google to recrawl or revisit your website regularly?
I have new websites but Google sometimes visited it for some days, it's too long and i want to increase this rate such as each day I need google visit my site to get new information.
what are best ways to do that? pls suggest

Hassan

You need to resubmitting sitemaps and there is option in Google Webmaster Tool "Submit URL to Index" which allows you to submit new and updated URLs that Google themselves say they "will usually crawl within a day."

crespy

crespy
You said right, I tried to re-submit sitemap.xml to Google webmaster tool and adding some links on relevant forums then my number of indexed links were increased on google search results.

elcidofaguy

It is shown that sites which consistently provide new/updated information get visited by G's crawlers more often. The key thing here is consistency as that teaches G's bot that they need to comeback more often...

On the extreme end of the scale are new sites which get visited hundreds a time day to other end of the scale where a blogger barely adds a new page after many months or is inconsistent... That said here are some ways you can get G's crawlers to visit:

1) Within WMT you can actually request G's bot to visit your site.
2) Place a backlink on a site which gets visited frequently by G's crawler. For example forum sites by use of your sig link...
3) Social media links e.g tweets, shares can get noticed and send those crawlers in...

However do note that when G does visit - don't expect the SERPs to be updated to reflect changes to your site... That too can be inconsistent and you'll have to be patient as there is nothing else you can do...

BTW - you can check when G lasted visited by checking either server log files or the cached date within search result for your webpage...

ericplotz1

Also, if you use wordpress, it's setup to automatically ping the SEs everytime you update something.

A good trick us wordpress users happen to apply on days we are feeling lazy but still want to send out signals without producing a page of content is, just going to any post and changing one word. This will send the spiders crawling your site if you are a wordpress user.

LanceBachmann

There are different Ping server where you can share your URL regularly to Google. Site Submit URL where you can submit domain to different search engined including Google; Along-with if your website is having Blog or Forum then you can fetch such links in case crawlers are taking too much time fetch the link and

Under Crawl>fetch as Google in Google Webmasters Put the URL Syantax and do check the button for linked pages submitted to index.

Try to Resubmit the Sitemap.xml file in webmasters and in Sitemap.xml while creating use the frequency as DAILY as this way crawlers knows that this website keeps on updating with URL`s so crawlers start visiting your website regularly.

elcidofaguy

I'm not too keen on pingbacks and trackbacks given the amount of spam issues that this can cause... there's a lot on this subject such as this [URLnf="http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/what-why-and-how-tos-of-trackbacks-and-pingbacks-in-wordpress/"]article[/URLnf] being a good place to start.

In addition the xmlrpc.php file is one which I disable access via .htaccess given past experiences of being hit by brute force attacks which take advantage of bypassing wp logon... Its a security vulnerability which I no longer leave exposed which at the same time closes up receiving pingbacks/trackbacks... You can read more about it [URLnf="http://digwp.com/2009/06/xmlrpc-php-security/"]here[/URLnf] as well as this [URLnf="http://www.incapsula.com/blog/wordpress-security-alert-pingback-ddos.html"]article [/URLnf]outlining DDOS attacks which exploit this ...

jamesalan

Your question is nice...its happen for new website, websites that have low Google trust level. As your website's trust level grows crawling rate will also increase.

emily

Actually you cannot force the Google to re-crawl your site, you can only request Google to crawl your site again by using fetch option in webmaster tools called Submit URL to Index, Which allows you to summit updated URLs.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.