Ranking going down

leesaaugustin

when can ranking go down?
1. I am building good content and links, with no spamming.
2. Back links they are do follow & 10% no-follow.
3. Back links are coming from high PR site.
4. Back links are indexing.

can developing back links regularly be a solution?

elcidofaguy

Hiya leesaaugustin,

There are a ton of reasons for rankings to slip - a lot of which has nothing to do with an algorithmic penalty... Here are some of them:
1. Your CTR/Bounce rates are not good and G has therefore determined your site to be lower value... This is much more important than many people realize... and G tests it much more than people realize with interaction on the SERPs....
2. Backlinks from sites which once provided good authority link juice have been hit with a penalty and consequently the value of the link has deteriorated... Or it could be you have lost some backlinks from such sites...
3. Other sites are performing better than yours....

Things you can do:
1. Main priority is to focus on your website content and in particular on-page SEO together with engaging great content which means people stay longer on your site e.g. reduce your bounce rates! So KEEP adding content!
2. With adding content - mix it up with social signals.... You may even get organic backlinks through such activities in addition to traffic...
3. With backlinking you do not need to be aggressive... I only aim for a hand full of high authority ones and at a very slow pace.... My backlinking velocity is way below the amount of traffic on my site per month.... With your backlinks you need to make sure the anchor text profile is varied significantly with commercial anchor less than 20% (my opinion due to penguin) and the rest made up with branding, urls, generic terms....
4. You could also get into video marketing given Youtube is after all the second biggest search engine...

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sid

Freda

Freda
What and how CTR/Bounce rates are good under G's eyes and other search engines?

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
Your CTR is your click through rates... In otherwords when people search on G they see a set of results... People click on what they choose... So hopefully your title and meta description is enticing... also G has a nasty habit of picking their own from your web page content... Suffice to say G will take a note of the impressions of your website when it is displayed on search results and of that how many people click on it....

Now with bounce rates... that could be they click on it and hit the back button within seconds or go back to G and continue searching... This tells G a couple of things.... 1) How long a visitor stayed on the site before coming back (bounce rate) and if they click and search for related stuff then it also tells G that your site is not so great for that search term....

Therefore your website content needs to be engaging, great quality with it helping to answer questions or providing great info on a subject... Doing that people stay longer on your site, are more likely to buy stuff or sign up to your newsletter etc... So its all related... But keep in mind G does track this and uses it as part of the algo to assess how valuable your site is....

Hope that answers your questions...

jessica89

Building links on a website which isn't building and growing is a waste of time... update your website frequently and let Google know with webmastertools your building your website... I wouldn't wast my time on link building if my website wasn't growing.

fugenx

Google rank website based on a mixture metrics,authority, quality, activity and popularity. Depending upon your website's status, you can realize your position in the search engine results page. It decreases suddenly or some period of time. So you must analyze the various elements that affect your website on-page optimization efforts.

lorettalschmitz

Have you optimized your site SEO friendly? On page and Off page optimization done per guidelines? If every stuff is okay, grow you business with PPC. It drives in instant traffic to your site. Promote your site through social media on a regular basis.

proka

Also make sure you are not buying fiverr SEO gigs :D

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
S
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.