Is sitemap.xml still useful?

art247

Is sitemap.xml still useful for SEO or it is only effective for indexing and crawling from Google bots?
Do I need to submit sitemap.xml when I have new posts on my site?
Does any one know about that?

emily

According to S.E.O point of view sitemap are very important because it is the only feature that guides the search engine bots for better indexing. The main thing is to clear that sitemaps doesn't boost your website ranking because the main use of sitemaps is if any page in your website that is not indexed, then at this particular scenario sitemap gives perfect way to the search engines to find that particular page. So it leads to better indexing.

sandlegion

XML sitemap is very crucial from SEO aspects because search engine bots read the XML sitemap URLs to index the URL in particular search engine. When SEO expert done OnPage analysis they check whether sitemap is exist in the web page or not.

jamesalan

Hi art247,

Yes, if you have a blog then you should use dynamic sitemap. So that each time you update a new post it automatically includes on sitemap URL. Google will come to know about your new post and post URL will be indexed soon.

james01

Sitemap allow website or blog owners to inform Google or other search engine to crawl your website more intelligently. In the simplest meaning sitemap is simple document that lists all URLs of your website (which are ready to crawl).

arronmattwills

Sitemap is a better way to permit all search engines to crawl the website page more intelligently. We can submit our xml sitemap in all major search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.,

We can create sitemap using [URLnofo]www.ww.sitemaps.org[/URLnofo] for free. Use robots.txt as complement to your sitemap.

There is an option called changefreq means change frequency, you can define this based on how frequently your website content will change.

Though sitemap xml is an old method, still it is useful.

Maja

I think submitting sitemap is not necessary for SEO purposes. If a site gets problem in indexing then we can submit sitemap for that site

Webmaster.Xochitl

Yes, the importance of sitemap is a lot. You can use sitemap for numerous advantages, not just simpler route and better visibility via web crawlers.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.