How many backlinks required to rank for a keyword on top google?

Eric Louviere

Hi everyone,
Could you tell me how many backlinks required to rank for a keyword on top google?
and where to put your keywords to rank better than other competitors?

SEOPub

Reactions: Eric Louviere

Hawker

Hawker
Haha good one! Your answer reminds me of the answer given in the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy in what is the meaning of life? And the answer is: 42.

In response to the OP's question.

There is no set amount. As many as it takes until you reach your desired position.

And regarding where to put your keywords to rank better than competitors.

The answer to that is the same as the answer to the other question.

Competitors are ranking high for a reason. You need to look at what that reason is and try to duplicate it as much as possible.

But even if you do, even if you do create the same amount of backlinks from the same amount of places as your competitors do, it doesn't mean you'll get the same rank in Google.

Your competitors backlinks have more "age" behind them and age of backlinks is one of the biggest things looked at by Google.

That's why they say "never put off tomorrow what you can do today". :)

Nytshade

That's not a good question Eric. Your question will depend on your competition and how strong they're backlinks are. There's no way I can know how many backlinks you'll need without analyzing your competition.

What you can do is to analyze your competition to check how many backlinks they have for that particular page/post that is ranking. Check where they're getting those backlinks and if you can get the same backlinks then do that. If you can't get the same backlinks as them then you'll have to come up with other backlinking strategies that are much more stronger than the ones your competition has.

You don't need thousands of backlinks, just a few strong ones will do. You also have to analyze the page that has your competitors backlink to see how strong it is so that you make sure to get an even stronger one in order to outrank them.

Unfortunately there's no easy way.

Nytshade

7 backlinks. :victory:
It was sarcasm.

It is a silly question that nobody will be able to answer.

Competition for different keywords will play a role.

All links are not equal.
Lol... I wanted to say 5 and leave it like that but I thought I should explain to him. But well said, nobody will be able to answer that question.

Aderemi Dare

Hi everyone,
Could you tell me how many backlinks required to rank for a keyword on top google?
Maybe I might be able to help you. Well there is no exact number of backlinks you'll need to get and rank better than your competitors on google. You just have to get the as much as you can, you'll have to get your url out there.

However using quicksprout, you can analyse your competitors and no how many backlinks they have and their SEO value.

There are quick a few ways to get backlinks which means you have to tap from website that ranks better on search engine and allow search engine to follow your link. They don't have the "nofollow" attribute.

I hope I helped.

sandlegion

Hello everyone, Eric I do not understand your question because what I think, it is not necessary to make lots of backlinks for a particular website but it essential to make quality backlinks for a website. Google gives value to quality backlinks.

jamesalan

Don't compare website's ranking with number of backlinks...Its a very big confusion in SEOs. Google count 200+ factors to rank a website and backlink is one of those factors. I can show you many websites ranking high on very high competitive niche without having too much backlinks.

sidrararamzan11

I think backlinks is an old method now. google now doesn't give importance to backlinks. instead of focusing on backlinks focus on ur websites's content. don't post garbage stuff, write articles on daily basis, make videos on ur website, spread ur website on social media jst for relevant people, use meta tags, use keywords wisely and do on page seo with great concentration that's all!

metafser

Hi everyone,
Check your competitors, What actually they have done ! Then make a good strategy for increasing search engine visibility. You need improve every single portion better than your competitors. It can be content, backlinks, social signals and etc.
I think backlinks is an old method now.
Medicine please ! I am going to die. Hey buddy, you should learn something about backlinks. Take a rest and read about SEO. Then welcome to here for contributing buddy.

anhbloginc

I don't really understand why the OP made this question? If you have not doing anything that related to SEO before, I can understand :)

hrishivardhan

The number of back links are not important, quality of backlinks is important. For example, if you have 1000 of back links, and they are not from the authoritative domain, then there should be no meaning of having this type of back links. Instead this, if you have 10 authoritative domains back links, then it will help you to increase your keyword rankings.

CloutSofttch

Nobody can give the exect answer of this topic but i can give suggession to get better rank in All search engine like create high quality backlinks to get fast result.

guptachetan121993

Why people don't understand that there is no any number of backlink which you need to rank.
When it comes to backlinks, quality always matters not quantity.

AdsensePro

You should build authority website dedicated to particular keyword to make it rank for. And to build authority website you should have quality backlinks from various website with avg PR of 7 to 9.

Susan

If your competitor is Apple for example then you need to have better and more backlinks than Apple to rank better than them on google .. while if you are competing with a site with only one backlink .. then you need only two backlinks to compete them ... So basically it depends on the keyword and your competitors

tvtaddy

You are right, it is not about number sometimes a site with few backlinks out number sites with millions of backlinks.

johnymazee

It mostly depend on the quality of the links you are creating. If you made 1000 of links of bad quality then your website won;t go up and come down but it will get success with 100 of quality links. So concentrate on quality instead of quantity.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
jyy
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.