Effect of SEO on changing the date of Post in Wordpress?

success druggy

Hello Friends,

I changed the date of one of my blog post in Wordpress after make some update to that post, so that the post will show as the latest post.

So by changing the dates will effect on SEO or search engine ranking of that post ??

Please suggest me !!

Thanks

elcidofaguy

Hello Friends,

I changed the date of one of my blog post in Wordpress after make some update to that post, so that the post will show as the latest post.

So by changing the dates will effect on SEO or search engine ranking of that post ??

Please suggest me !!

Thanks
Personally I think when people see a post date which was some time ago i.e. number of years in the past that they are less inclined to read it, even if the post is still relevant with it being evergreen content...

I would add that perhaps its a good idea to apply a recent edit date with a comment to state that the content is still relevant today versus the approach to actually change the date... In fact you're better off not even showing the date in the first place.... Post dates are typical of CMS blog platforms like WordPress - but you dont really see them on static HTML sites.

That aside I do not believe post date is a ranking factor at all... Google knows when you posted the article as they have the date of when they indexed that page/post.. So changing the date will have no impact to SEO....

RDO Servers

That should not make a difference at all.

Google indexes the content of the page, but does not use what is written for the date, as the actual date the page was created. They are able to tell when a page was added and when it was updated.

escapeadvertising

Changing the date of post in wordpress will not effect in SEO point of view but if you change in post like some content or meta keywords, description so it will be effective for SEO. If you improve then might be ranking goes up or down its depends what you done.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.