Don't you think this method can work better in terms of ranking

MarkBenson

I tried a method few days back, I used a traffic bot that was searching my site for a particular keyword and I created 35-40 back links in some good sites and ranked a highly competitive keyword to first pages from the #87 position.
Resources I used:
1) Organic Google traffic bot
2) Back connect proxies or HMA
3) 35-40 social bookmarking links

What you say? What worked for me? Is that click through rate? Or Was it the back links? Or both?

ericplotz1

I tried a method few days back, I used a traffic bot that was searching my site for a particular keyword and I created 35-40 back links in some good sites and ranked a highly competitive keyword to first pages from the #87 position.
Resources I used:
1) Organic Google traffic bot
2) Back connect proxies or HMA
3) 35-40 social bookmarking links

What you say? What worked for me? Is that click through rate? Or Was it the back links? Or both?
Mark Benson how competitive was the keyword?

You cannot gauge competition of a keyword with the "Comp" column in Google Keyword Planner. This tells you the competition in AdWords and this is only valuable if you are an advertiser. I'm AdWords certified ;) Should be Google Partner in a week. Failed the Advanced Search Exam :( and I gotta take it again.

Any who, to see your competition, use a tool like SEO Quake or the Moz Tool bar and check the PR and authority of the front page results.

Were the first page results for your keyword a bunch of junk? Like YouTube videos, social network profiles, and etc...

Then if not look at the authority of the sites. If the DA is high check the trust and citation flow with something like ahrefs. You can use ahrefs free on a consistent basis with a VPN. Or so far I have had luck doing so with Cyber Ghost. You said you are utilizing HMA and proxies, so you are all good to go there. If the Trust Flow is low and the Citation flow is high, then thats a case of black hat. Thats why you out ranked it easily.

How many monthly searches is your keyword getting and what is the overall value of monetizing the site. For instance, I can rank a site for bicycle banana seats, but that product isn't going to make me much money.

Or I can get into an industrial niche that sells machinery for $10k and make bank. Now there may only be 30 monthly searches for a keyword but if you rank a keyword for a product thats $10k then it doesn't matter that it's only getting 30 monthly searches. But the competition on the front page are most likely beasts!

So it just depends what your keyword is.

If you ranked that easily it can't be in a big $$ making niche or maybe I'm wrong?

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies