Copy an exact domain site to another domain

itrafficsupplier

I recently copied a domain for a website, it managed to recieve 1,400 uniques in the first month with no link building or advertising. How I done it? say the domain was example.com, I changed it to example-com.com and used the same meta description and it ranked 3rd on Google for some popular keywords within the first 3 weeks. I still have the GA reports to prove it.

Hope this helps some people.

melanymaldena

I'm not quite understanding your post content but your site can be punished by google for duplicating sites without unique content between these sites.

Do you consider about that?

Luca

Such trick won't last in the long run, though. Not to mention copyright issues that may arise in the future. Of course, there might be some exceptional situations where it's still beneficial even in the long run, I just think it's better to build your own brand from scratch instead of piggybacking on already-popular ones.

nesito29

nesito29
As long as he's not stealing their content he should be fine, after all he's got a different domain, might be similar to the one he's copying but not the same. I really don't think is possible to rank like that, unless you are using a service like Weebly where you can leverage their authority from the get go.

nesito29

I recently copied a domain for a website, it managed to recieve 1,400 uniques in the first month with no link building or advertising. How I done it? say the domain was example.com, I changed it to example-com.com and used the same meta description and it ranked 3rd on Google for some popular keywords within the first 3 weeks. I still have the GA reports to prove it.

Hope this helps some people.
If this is true, the main page may be ranking however your domain's authority will be nothing and even if you managed to do that, it doesn't mean that the rest of your content will rank as well. It would be great if you provided the domain you created to check it out and get a better understanding of this.

itrafficsupplier

Hi just an update, I did create 1 wikipedia link. Also the content was unique I only copied the domain. I noticed that when I typed in the real domain in Google my domain would pop up below it down the bottom of the SERPs.

The actual website and domain I created was odindownload-com.com, the real domain was odindownload.com, I used the main product I was selling as the site title and used the original meta description from odindownload.com as my own, except for putting a v in front like this - odin v3.10.6.

I have just recently tried doing the same but just 301 redirecting the domains to my site, this way is not working so I assume its better to create a new site.

I have also noticed alot of people are already doing this, if you notice domains which look very similar to others but with just a - in between words or -com.

It would be nice to if people could try this to see more results.

jamesalan

You might get ranking and traffic to your new domain. But sooner or later, you will get penalize by Google due to duplicate domain issue. The strategy you are owning will not work for long run.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.