How to increase sales by internet marketing?

Jon Acuff

Internet marketing is best way to promote site or online business and increasing revenue for your products.
As title asked, i want to know more ways to use internet marketing that get more sales for my site? how?

elcidofaguy

Internet marketing is best way to promote site or online business and increasing revenue for your products.
As title asked, i want to know more ways to use internet marketing that get more sales for my site? how?
Internet marketing is a very broad and detailed subject.. So breaking it down it all relates to traffic sources:

1. Organic traffic through ranking on search results. The focus here is on SEO (on/off page).

2. Social media participation. Join groups, provide value with helping folks out etc.. This can help you get noticed with traffic being referred through social media posts or links to your website etc...

3. Similar to social media - participation on forums can help get traffic i.e. use of sig link..

4. Video marketing e.g. getting videos to rank on youtube can bring in a nice chunk of traffic with providing a link to your site..

5. Email marketing e.g. offer a bonus bribe to get folks on to your list. Provide value, develop a relationship and promote products which help etc...

6. Run ads e.g. adwords, fb or on other platforms and popular related sites...

7. Set up an affiliate program... Pay a great commission which can encourage people to promote your website/products...

8. You could go off-line and run ads on local newspapers, magazines, radio and even TV etc - this works well for local businesses which an online presence too...

9. Solo ads - pay to send an email on somebody else's list...

10. Miscellaneous - Use infographics, provide a free online utility/tool etc - all of this can attract links and traffic...

There's probably more - but that was a quick list from the top of my head lol...

Finally once you get traffic to your site - you'll need to focus on increasing your conversions - so focus on CRO (conversion rate optimization) and consider use of split testing where appropriate...

Nytshade

To increase sales, I would recommend that you structure your site in a way that makes it easy for people to optin to your email list. Give them something in exchange for their contact details, not just a newsletter.

Give them something valuable, something that will help them solve a problem. Give them something that is closely related to the reason they came to your site (hope that makes sense).

The aim is to help them solve a problem so that you can gain their trust, keep giving them value and promote your stuff once in a while, that way they'll buy stuff from you because you've built a good relationship with them and they trust you.

Another way to increase sales is to offer exclusive bonuses that are not mentioned on the sales page (works great with email marketing, but can work with a blog post as well or even both).

A really neat trick is to add some scarcity to your bonuses, let your subscribers know that the bonuses will be available for 48 hours only, for instance.

Using time sensitive bonus material will definitely help increase conversions.

Recently, I realized that a longer autoresponder sequence converts better than a short one. So don't be afraid of creating a 20 days or more autoresponder sequence, remember to mix value with promotion emails, don't spam.

Hope that helps :)

RDO Servers

Elcidofaguy & Nytshade gave you some gread suggestions for your internet marketing. I just want to add one point: be sure to diversify your efforts.

If you focus on paid ads, but your budget is tight one month, your traffic may drop to next to nothing.
If you focus your efforts on video marketing, but then Google changes their algorithm, all of a sudden you may loose your rankings.
etc. etc.

The more you spread out your traffic sources, them better off you will be in the long run and the less you will be affected by an algorithm change.

acandi

acandi
Hello Jon,

The ideas expressed by those persons in the quote above can all be described as internet marketing methods. Those are activities that can be used to attract a targeted group of persons to your website /blog, squeeze or sales page.

What you need to do is to create an internet marketing strategy and work that strategy consistently to reach your sales objectives.

A strategy is combining 2 or more internet marketing methods. So for example you can combine paid ads with video marketing as one strategy.

Another strategy can be to combine list building using a 'bribe' and follow up autoresponder emails, with social media and forum marketing.

A third example could be posting articles on your website or blog and linking posts to social media sites and still do forum marketing and posting comments on other niche blogs.

You can come up with any combination, stick with it for about 3 months and see how it converts into sales for you.

Cheers

LB

Webmaster.Xochitl

You can produce free and unique content and many active tools on your website to pull in your objective business sector for expanding your business and sales.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.