how many clicks to generate a sale?

epicstate

How many clicks to generate a sale when you staring a PPC campaign?

what are your best results?

Nytshade

There's no one solid answer to that question. Your funnel can convert after 200 clicks while someone's funnel converts with 10 to 20 clicks. This is why email marketing is important, so that you can build relationships, gain their trust, entice them with bonuses then keep offering them value and generate that sale.

So keep working on your sales funnel till it can generate sales with fewer clicks, just keep testing and tweaking. The type of niche you're into also plays a role, for instance, people who're into music convert very easily because they're passionate and they need the guide (or whatever type of freebie).

They convert easy because they are passionate and have a need to solve a problem, so someone like that doesn't need a lot of convincing.

So don't ask questions like that, simply take action then keep tweaking your funnel and autoresponder sequence till it converts well.

elcidofaguy

If you have not made a single sale after a hundred visits - its a bad sign.... If after a thousand then for sure you're in serious trouble with either issues regarding your sales copy and/or that the traffic is not targeted correctly i.e. wrong keywords, wrong referral traffic etc

Nobody can see into the future - so my best advice is to get on with it and do it.. If its a failure then see that as a lesson learned with understanding what went wrong and how in future you will either correct or implement differently....

wrigmark

Can't say particularly how much clicks need to generate sale. Doing ppc audits with the help of experience on ad campaigns, cpc determine, ad text, bidding, using extensions & negative keywords are major factors are responsible for generating sales with getting traffic.

EpicGlobalWeb

My personal best was 1 sale after 8 clicks. It cost me about $7 of clicks on Google AdWords. I sold a $50 infographic creation service at the time. $43 profit for 1 hour of work, 2 counting ad set up. It was complete luck

savidge4

My personal general rule of thumb is I want to see 3% of the clicks to my page buying. and actually this is when I know things are to the point I can optimize for greater conversion percentage.

if you are running an adwords campaign, use twitter to test your link wording. if you think about it what better place? and its a whole lot cheaper ( most of the time ) You can also use facebook but for text headlines I dont think it is as effective as twitter is.

So breaking down a "conversion". along the way to making a sale there are many conversions that have to take place. First you have your ad.. I call this "bait" the user has to click the bait to see the offer. this would be the first conversion. You want to test this portion of the process to optimize the number of viewers to the number of clickers. in the end the more that click will be the more that buy.

Next is the sales page. once you have a stream of traffic to your page you want to ensure the page is now converting. It is CRITICAL that the bait message and the sales page headline match or are dang darn close. They click to see "A" you need to present them "A" and not "B". you then test this portion of the process.. get them clicking the buy now or subscribe button.

in a commerce scenario your job is done with the short stacked funnel. they clicked, they bought. If you are using a longer funnel.. say bait, pitch, subscribe, and sell, then the next step is to try and push the sale. they clicked the bait.. they wanted the free offer and subscribed.. its the thank you page that should make a push to a commitment to buy.

As hard as it is to do sometimes,you want to test and optimize one phase at a time starting with the bait phase.. dont go changing here and there and every where. 1 aspect at a time... get the best numbers you can get and then move onto the next step.

vishwa

This is a open ended question and it varies from people to people and also depends on the campaign. Sometimes people get sales in just 3 clicks or sometime it takes 100s of clicks. So, The precise answer for this question is quite difficult.

savidge4

I am going to burst some bubbles here.. this is NOT some open ended question.... the internet average across most market spaces is 1.5% conversions. and this is an AVERAGE. If you are not at least producing 1% let alone 3% as I suggested above.. there is something wrong within your funnel. it IS that simple. Its not the product itself.. its the targeting or the bait or the offer or whatever.. that is what testing is for. There is a whole aspect of internet study dedicated to this stuff CRO ( Conversion Rate Optimization )

With proper testing any and every campaign can be a success. There is no floaty fluff BS sometimes this or that.. or its the product or whatever other excuse you can think up... failure is on you. If you want success in Internet Marketing.. then CRO is where it is at. CRO and the ability to drive TARGETED traffic... by gosh and by golly its good stuff man! haha

RebeccaDooley

Do you about the PPC? Essentially, PPC is a way of buying visits to your site, rather than attempting to “earn” those visits organically. If you pay $2 for a click but the click results in a $200 sale that made a hefty profit.

When you building a PPC campaign, a lots have to do as researching the right keyword, organizing those keywords into the campaigns & ad groups, to setting up PPC landing pages that are optimized for conversions. Thus you may get to generate leads to your business.

MrRapidHost

It all depends on how optimized the campaign is, and which niche your advertising in.
For example it takes us somewhere around 90 clicks for 1 sale!.

whland

whland
That's been my experience when promoting Affiliate Programs.

I usually get at least 1 sale in 90- 100 clicks.

Of Course those other clicks could convert to a sale later if they come back.

That's what I don't understand google adsense thinking that just because clicks from my or others website aren't converting for the advertisers that we're committing fraud.

Not everyone buys from the advertisers site on the first visit.

I know I've clicked on someones adsense ads because I was interested in what the ad was selling.

When I was looking for web hosting and came across blogs with adsense ads advertising hosting. I'd click on the ad which took me to the hosts site.

I didn't buy right away as I wanted to check reviews on them.

I then later came back and purchased the hosting plan from the host that was advertising.

Yes if someone is really inflating the ad costs to gain money using bots etc then yes they do need to be banned from the system.

I wouldn't want someone running a bot clicking on my ads.

I want real user interest. But I won't be mad if the ad click doesn't result in a sale right away or at all.

It's just a part of doing business.

People can spend thousands advertising on tv or radio. What if that ad doesn't convert?

Should the advertiser get all their money back from the television or radio station?

I don't think they'd pay them back.

Adsense is a good program no doubt. But they need a better system in place.

A publisher shouldn't get banned if someone is clickbombing another publishers ads.

They should have a system in place to detect the bots and not count those clicks at all.

Or be able to track who's doing that clicking and just ban that ip or something.

I'm sure google could do something like that.

Publishers shouldn't get the short end of the stick for someone else trying to get them banned.

I've also before clicked on someones adsense ad and then my browser crashed immediately.

Then after restarting my browser the adsense ad reloads the website I was trying to visit.

I guess that could be counted as an invalid click.

Chad

designstoredxb

It all depends on how well optimized is your campaign. Your Ad copies, Your landing page experience, Your content and of-course your reputation every thing matter. Chances are there you can get sale from 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10 clicks or nothing not possible to exact figure out the number of sales.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.