Highly professional content vs. simple and easy to understand content?

orangesweety

Friends, We know that our website content should be unique, rich, lucid, grammatically proper and it should be related to our website.

But here my question is we need a highly professional content which can't be understand to common man or a simple words anybody can understand?

elcidofaguy

Friends, We know that our website content should be unique, rich, lucid, grammatically proper and it should be related to our website.

But here my question is we need a highly professional content which can't be understand to common man or a simple words anybody can understand?
That's a good question and for sure my vote goes for simple words which everyone can understand... Great copywriting is based on communicating benefits without getting lost in alanguage of features or technical talk that no one understands...

Most people will not even bother to finish reading a page unless they can see very quickly what it is all about - hence good use of titles, images and clear font - all helps too...

One example that has always stuck in my mind is an ad relating to an mp3 player... The first ad said something on the lines of RAM, Gb storage, ... etc.... and another ad simply stated something like "with this you can have over 10,000 songs in your pocket..."... As you can see the second ad is simple, straight to the point and you know straight away the benefit - where as RAM, Gb and other tech specs really dont mean much to most folks....

JOSourcing

Your best source for an answer is your own audience. What do the demographics say about it? I.E., what is your audience's education level? Assuming you have enough data, you can find that information through alexa.com.

Nytshade

For my music niche it's in between professional and simple. If I keep it simple then my audience will think I'm playing marbles and don't know what I'm talking about, so I always have to keep the content professional.

But not geeky though, simple to understand but PRO at the same time. So find out what content your audience like the most. You can go to forums to see what type of questions they ask the most. Check things like grammar, spelling and any slang that should help you figure out what level of content those people want.

Go to youtube, check the most popular keywords and channels to see what type of language they use and look at how the audience responds to the content. Also check out blogs, facebook groups, google plus communities etc. (wherever your audience is) and do a lot of research about them.

Then simply get started and adjust as you go till you find what works well for your audience.

Tina Golden

JOSourcing nailed it - you have to know your audience. It's not just their educational level, but how they talk in their everyday lives. You want your content to come across just like that. See how they talk to each other on other blogs or forums. When in doubt, go for simple either way. A lot of people think professional has to be full of big fancy words, but it doesn't. It's always best to go with simpler words that make your point.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.