Fastest ways to upload a file to a shared or VPS hosting?

paulgl

I want to know fastest ways to upload a file to a shared or VPS hosting?
I used to upload a zip file and unzip on the web hosting using web function.
one more question, is there a way to move a file from a VPS to another VPS or a dedicated server?

RDO Servers

FTP should be plenty fast, depending upon your connection speed. Personally I don't bother with zipping/unzipping.

You can use the same methods to transfer files from one VPS/server to another, as you from your PC to your server.

ElixantTechnology

FTP is typically the standard solution for file transfer between your computer and the server. However, if Shell is enabled on your hosting account, another option would be SFTP.

Imbahost-Andy

You can use any FTP client to upload file on the server, or you can also use File Manager option available in the control panel provided with your hosting account. FTP is best for uploading multiple and huge files at the same time.

MarcS

In Shared you wont have additional options except FTP and control panel file manager. So creating a ZIP and upload to Web server is the best method. For Windows VPS, you can attach your local drives to Windows VPS while you connect to Remote Desktop. For Linux VPS, SCP or SFTP are good options. For VPS to VPS or dedicated server, getsync is the good option.

Judas2018

When uploading files to a server I usually use Filezilla. The latest stable version of the program. It's pretty fast and reliable. It also gives you an opportunity to check and see how smoothly the upload is going. To ensure it's error free.

DanielBlue

Uploading a zip file via file manager is MUCH faster than any ftp client. When doing so you have the advantage to “store” the zip file later in your trash can. If needed again you can just move it to any folder within seconds.

Last edited:
Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies