Does Bold Text affect SEO?

JohnASimpleWorld

Bold text on a web page for SEO purposes is an old technique that doesn't seem to have been out of date, right?

If it is still working then any one can show any real proofs this working?

ericplotz1

No and if you bold text your keywords your liable to see a decrease in rank. Only use bold if it looks natural and key words rarely look natural bold.

Mark007

Bold texts are only used for browsers. Fonts are usually made bold to stress out the word to people who are browsing your webpage. They do not provide any extra benefit to your webpage by search engine crawlers.

PTTed

Bold text on a web page for SEO purposes is an old technique that doesn't seem to have been out of date, right?

If it is still working then any one can show any real proofs this working?
I still believe it is a factor but a very, very small factor in the grand scheme of things. In the original Google algorithms that were used when Google first came out it seemed like it was a bigger factor. But that was back when people were just starting to realize how important links actually were in the Google ranking system.

Back then everyone was focused much more intensely on the on-page factors for getting ranking. And when you are comparing two identical pages on the same site, assuming everything is absolutely identical about the two pages, if you made a keyword bold on one of the pages, that page should outrank the other one.

In today's age though I don't think it is particularly useful enough to worry about at all really. I would do whatever you think is best for the user/visitor. That will likely get you better results than worrying about if and how much SEO benefit you might get from making a keyword bold.

javaprofessionals

Bold Text not improve sites traffic but page text depended about for quality content not to bold text.
webpage best content and some useful process will be complete and traffic will be improve.

samng

I think using headers H1 H2 H3 will have more impact than bold.

But bolding important points enhances user experience and might contribute to interaction with your followers. An article with relevant headers and bold will make it more readable.

SenseiSteve

I still see a lot of sites scattering bold keywords everywhere, in places that give no value-add to the reader. I don't think it enhances their SEO ranking, but I also don't believe it decreases unless it severely distracts from the user experience. H1, H2 and H3 have a better viewing impact on the visitor, while at the same time helps with onpage SEO.

mmninja

I don't believe that bold text affects SEO ranking but it can affect how the reader follows your content. I would say to use bold for your readers, not for SEO.

mindwave1

Bolding text or keyword is an old technique that still have a little impact in SEO expecially if you are trying to rank for that keyword. I still personally applied this method and it has to be in a natural way.

ev3v4hn

Yup for me
Tittle = H1 Bold
Sub tittle = H2 Bold
I think that still have a impact in SEO
Maybe...:bash:

djone

I think BOLD text doesn't affect for rankings. Bold text was useful but nowadays its not get any benefits.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.