Is reddit useful for massive traffic building?

fromrachel

Recently I tried to post a link with a question to discuss with others on Reddit, it gave me super hits to my website. I don't know it's real traffic or not. Have you got experience with Reddit? give me your advice!

Any other tips can get good traffic from Reddit?

arrow11

Reddit is mainly for news and content I guess. If your site is on this field then Reddit is ideal.

Mark007

Personally I haven't received much benefit from Reddit. They are more like a discussion community rather than building backlinks. I would prefer using Facebook and LinkedIn instead to grown my website traffic and build my online reputation.

sunil0021

I never got enough traffic for my site from reddit, for news or similar type of website it's good.

talukdar

Reddit plays an effective role for me. I have generate a huge amount of traffic from Reddit.

Alex Mercer

You can say Reddit is useful for traffic building. But no, Reddit is not useful for massive traffic building. Maybe you were lucky with that post. But you may not be lucky everytime.

itrafficsupplier

Find discussions related to your niche and post your link or article and you can get a lot of traffic. The most I got was around 280 visitors a day for about 3 weeks from one link until they took it down(they are very strict). What you could do is bribe one of the topic administrators for a link ;) In fact i'm heading over there now, ill PM you the link so you can see for yourself. good luck

Jacob_k

Reddit can give you massive traffic, if your niche is aligned with the users. The thing is that Reddit users are mainly younger, digitally educated people... most of them tend to be trolls, so you can't put there "earn $4858593485 monthly with only 2 hrs a day of work"... they will bury you :D

I saw a product "how to become hacker" or something close to that term having around 1,000 upvotes... the poster didn't hide that it's a product and that it's being sold for $xxx, and people went crazy about it...

Imagine how much he earned money from just that one post in the correct subreddit.

That was bullseye :D

Reactions: Sandra

onlinestorehelp

onlinestorehelp
This. It can be hugely effective but you definitely need to build up some credibility. If your first post is "buy my product" or "visit this site (it just happens to be mine)" you will get hammered. What I like about Reddit... it is harder to abuse.

media89

There are different way to get traffic from reddit:
1. link submission: submit a link on relevant categories
2. participation on reddit categories and drop a link.
3. start random participation and ask question. when people engage your post, drop a comment with good comment.

Archana

Reddit is the best site for attaining huge traffic on a website instantly. Reddit is the popular site where a huge number of people shows their presence daily. This helps to generate huge traffic on a website by providing them the exact knowledge for which they are seaching internet. It is the best site for getting precise info on a particular topic easily.

kian.j

I guess it all depends on what kind of niche you're targeting and what kind of content you're posting. Reddit is a community of young people so there are subjects that won't interest its users as much as other topics. But I think that you'll never know if you don't try. Give it a go.

DustInTheWind

Reddit for me is the best site if you wanna haul some major organic traffic, because first of all it is a community wherein there is a large amount of users active GLOBALLY. Reddit offers a lot of topics to tackle on. So with that, i suggest you create a niche has the highest active users on Reddit (you can find those numbers on any subreddit on the far right side of your browser)

In that way, if your website is about is News there is a subreddit thats called /r/worldnews, post your back link there. Be active in commenting and try to pitch passively if its relative to your topic. You could also make your website interactive and have an option where people can comment too.

Also, if you want to step up a notch, try paying for traffic if you think your website can attract more visitors, I recommend you go for forum marketing and start using Banner ads that when clicked redirects the users to your website.

They have a lot of targeting options.
Geo targeting - meaning you can target a specific place or even the entire world

Third party data - This is for specific targeting, like if your website is about shoes, third party data helps you target a specific audience about shoes. like Moms & Nike.

Browser/Device Targeting - Yes, you can target PC/Mobile, iOS or Android, Windows or MaC.

sree31

Reddit is mostly for sharing news articles or something really interesting so if your website produces content that's suitable for reddit audience then you'll get good traffic. Posting questions will surely get you some traffic as Reddit has many active users who like to participate in Q&As.

However, it's important to post to the right sub reddit to drive traffic. Also, avoid repeatedly posting content about your site. They'll know that you're a marketer and immediately ban you. Instead, also post interesting content from other sites and occasionally post articles from your site too.

Last edited:
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.