What do you use to record your computer screen?

aceofadsense

I just started a gaming channel and I'm looking for a good screen recorder to capture game play with.

Thanks in advance for your honest answers.

elcidofaguy

For that I use camtasia... Its a very cool video authoring tool, easy to use... I'd be lost without it... That aside make sure you have a good microphone as that can ruin a great video when you have low quality audio... As far as microphones go I use Blue Yeti... Best of luck!

onlinestorehelp

onlinestorehelp
Yes please spend the money on a decent microphone. I started out with a Blue Snowball but I used a Zoom H4N now.

Will this be PC based games or console based games? As above, camtasia works great for PC but I do wonder about performance hit to your game. For Mac, screenflow is another one. But, I think there is some free software that a lot of game reviewers use to screen capture and then edit in other platforms. Have you checked them out yet?

LaughToDeath

OBS, can use it it to record, or live stream to youtube/twitch/hitbox etc. Easy to use, open source and free.

Regards
Brian

nesito29

I agree with elcidofaguy, however, if you don't have the budget to get your Camtasia license, a great alternative is Screencast-O-Matic that's a free tool you can use to record your screen.

professorrosado

I've heard of people using Cam Studio (free). I use it for my training videos as I am not into gaming (except to make money from it). I use Wirecast on top of that by feeding one computer to the other (Cam Studio > Desktop Presenter - Telestream > Wirecast on 2nd PC) which then streams live to wherever I want and/or records to File.

I also can use Wirecast's overlays and other configurations to really make a nice looking show.

I am planning to start broadcasting on Twitch any week now myself.

Shane Williams

I would be lost without Camtasia it does everything I need and more. If you dont want to pay for a screen recorder then you could try HyperCam or Ezvid and Windows 10 comes with its own screen recording software.

tifymili

I often used camtasia studio! Your video after making in camtasia studio contain 4 file: capture my sceen, use my webcame, record microphone, record audio sytem!
See more detail: you can search " internet marketing secrets plr" you can see the camtasia studio to download

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.