How to SEO for your blog posts?

Laviskajoermoy

Hi everyone,
I was wondering how can you optimize SEO for a blog post to get higher rankings on search engine results?
Does it need to have more quality backlinks pointing to it?

nesito29

Exactly, what you need are high quality "follow" backlinks in order to rank better, depending on the keyword that you are targetting, will be a number of backlinks needed.

e.g. If you want to rank for the term "internet marketing" you will need around 170 high-quality backlinks from different domains in order to rank 1st on Google. This will change depending on the term you want to rank for and the competition.

I suggest you use majestic for this. Check what you need in order to outrank your competitors on page 1 of Google.

elcidofaguy

The number of links is not a factor... Its the quality of the links... One great link from an authority site is worth thousands of crappy newly created web 2.0 links...

nesito29

Because I've already made the research. If you do a quick search on Google you will find Copy Blogger ranking in 1st place, this website has the following:

Keyword Competitiveness: 90
Page Authority: 78
Page Links: 3,546
Juice Links: 753
Domain Authority: 86
Moz Rank: 6.08
Site Age: 9.5
Trust Flow: 56
Citation Flow: 51
External Backlinks: 5,164
Referring Domains: 361
Referring IPs: 340

Whoops sorry, my bad, you need 362 high-quality backlinks from different domains in order to rank 1st preferably from different IPs (well at least most of them).

That's what you need to rank 1st for the keyword "internet marketing". I've got to say that even with a PBN it will be hard for you to rank for a term like that one (imagine the amount of money needed for a PBN of that size).

Anyway, I hope this helped you :)

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
That is not correct... You dont seem to understand or missed my point that not all links are equal as you mention an exact number... I dont really want to mention PR as G no longer updates it but for example a PR4 link is worth thousands of crappy newly created PR n/a links...

Also the anchor text, velocity and where the link points too matters... For example velocity: Lets say you create 6000 links overnight then G is for sure going to detect unnatural link building versus 6000 links over many years... Now if all those links have same anchor text i.e. "internet marketing" then that's an even bigger footprint for detection and for sure you're looking at being hit by penguin... Also if all those links point to the same page that also leaves a footprint... and that's just the tip of the iceberg...

With PBNs - you have a better chance of getting a quality link based on the authority of a site i.e. a link from a high PR site on the home page.... In fact these days you dont need as many links as before in my opinion... Seriously - I'm really surprised by your response with stating an exact number, especially given there are many other factors involved with regards to ranking....

nesito29

Exactly, hence the "high-quality backlinks". Just as elcidofaguy said, the finality of this is having a certain amount of powerful backlinks pointing to your site. Just like the example said they have 5,164 backlinks pointing to their site but, you only need 362 high-quality backlinks to outrank them (from authority sites).

nesito29

True, I guess saying an exact number is overdoing it but, I'm only pointing out a number of referring domains needed, it could be less as you say, depending on the juice coming from that link and the frequency of you getting the backlink is very important as well as the "recipe" (anchor text). This way you avoid getting penalized by Google.

There are many factors on SEO that need to be considered and nobody knows everything about SEO, that's why it's always nice to have an SEO community to rely on :icon_mrgreen:

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
ion
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.