Override CSS by URL?

sallysaleh

Hi there, is there a way to override css by url.

in my case I have located the css url but I could not locate which file contains that css url. it was hidden.

I will make new css file using the css code found on above one with my edits in it. then i will upload it on my website.

so is there a way to make my website to override the old css path to the new one.

thanks

PluginForage

If you have access to the source code of the page you want to override CSS in, you can put your CSS rules in-between the head tags. Just add right before the closing head tag <style>your CSS rules</style>. That will overwrite any CSS from an external style sheet that is of the same type. For example any paragraph tags styled in an external stylesheet will be overwritten ion the page where you included new a new paragraph css rule in the header. The only time that won't work is if the paragraph rule in the external style sheet uses !important as part of the particular rule. You can change html elements like the paragraph and heading tags (any html element), classes and ids this way.

sallysaleh

The problem is I have a wordpress website. Inside I installed disqus plugin and I want to override the css file of the disqus plugin.

I have located the css file path which is in disqus server but could not find this path in the plugin files.

can I override it.

PluginForage

The best way to override disq and other plugin CSS is with a child theme. Here is a video to show you how to make a child theme. You write your CSS rules in the child theme style sheet. You may need to include !important to the rules you write.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ4JiOXXYqY

Older threads
Replies
Views
ion
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.