What is considered to be a good session time from our Organic traffic?

Knightrider

I think Google would most probably look on session time as this indicate the quality of the post and the relevancy it have on the search terms.

PluginForage

Matt Cutts head of Google Anti-Spam says analytics does not affect your search engine position or rankings at all. Here is the video he said it on [URLnf="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgBw9tbAQhU"]here[/URLnf]

Jacob_k

Google is not using the bounce rate reported in Analytics. They do not care about that either, for exactly what you said in your second point.

What they likely do care about is if someone finds your webpage after doing a search in Google, hits the back button on their browser, and then clicks on another listing in the same SERP. That can be a sign that the searcher did not find what they were looking for on your page.
That would be the logical thinking... I used to test it, and I found some impact that bounce rate is making to search engine (at least I thought so). I guess I will have to do it again... But what you said is very possible and it does sound reasonable. The google's algorithm is getting more and more logical, so this would be the step in the right way!

Matt Cutts head of Google Anti-Spam says analytics does not affect your search engine position or rankings at all. Here is the video he said it on [URLnf="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgBw9tbAQhU"]here[/URLnf]
With all due respect I don't trust Matt Cutts at all... he is known for mixed signals and for talking to regular bloggers... one of his tactics is to release misinformation and watch what happens in SEO world... so his word rarely means something to me.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
S
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.