How to make people want to spend more time on your website?

Gustav

According to my web statistics, the bounce rate is very high and I want to keep this rate low as possible, what things I should do, may be more topics for visitors to select, a good website theme or write something different..etc. What methods are you applying to make people want to spend more time on your website?

Please share honest answers!

Haniaroad

A big contributor to bounce rate is user-friendliness of the site. If people are not staying on the site, it is not because of the site's content or theme, but rather its usability. If you use a platform similar to WordPress, consider creating a menu that allows easy access to your content. Each tab of the menu should drop down to relevant posts/content in that section. This will help direct your visitors once they make it to your site versus them struggling to find the content that they came in search of. Again, this is only one way of lowering your bounce rate. Also consider where the traffic is coming from...or in other words, is it truly targeted quality traffic or random visitors? The latter is obviously the worst case scenario and often a big contributor to bounce rates along with bots. Be sure that your traffic sources are bringing the right kinds of people to your site and they will be sure to stay longer once they arrive!

nesito29

Many studies have shown that first impressions are very important when it comes to a website's trust, so improve your website's appearance and make it easy on the eye.

Another tip to keep visitors on your site is interlinking, hopefully, people will click on a link ln your site and keep reading your articles.

Also at the end of your article place related posts section. This will drive traffic to the posts shown there. Work on your titles since it's basically the most important part of the article itself. An intriguing and enticing title will drive more clicks.

Use great images and videos, people are naturally drawn to images videos since they can relate better to them compared to a block of text.

These are just a few tips you can follow, there are many more but in the end what really matters is what your website needs, perhaps a preview of your site would help in order to provide better advice.

Mark007

Landing page optimization is an important factor to reduce the bounce rate for your website. Redirecting the visitor through an anchor text to the right webpage optimized with the required content is very important. A browser will click on your external link only when it is important to him. And landing on the correct webpage will make them stay on your webpage as he gets exactly what he was looking for. This helps to reduce the bounce rate for your website.

kevinarndale

Well, the most required aspect of keeping your visitor on your page for a longer time is definitely relevance, quality of the content, and most importantly how you present your page. These three factors mostly determines the time spent by someone on a particular page. As a matter of fact the usage of mobile and tabular devices has increased the traffic way to much, so while designing a web-page keep in mind the visitors filters of entry to your site.

Noticemenot

Interesting content on site

Lonric

Not trying to push my service, but it's a proven fact that animated explainer video are more effective than a bunch of text and photos by 800%. If you are interested contact me. My white board animations are the least expensive. I only charge $200 to $300 depending on the duration. I also create 2D animated explainer videos as well, plus logos and more. Contact me for details, bro:)

-LonricStudios.com

professorrosado

Make your posts interesting and create separate posts from one which causes your visitor to click for the next section, pic, video, etc. which Google interprets as visitors engaging your site and reducing your bounce rate. Shorter is better for most visitors and make sure that they get to see more of your site while reading through each part of your article.

Easy way is to create Top Ten type posts and each item is a another post. Make sure you link one post to the next via a very clear navigation link.

wmguides

To make people spend more time on your website first look in your statics which pages are mostly visited by your visitors, by doing this you will understand what your visitors are looking for and liking most in your website. Then try to make more topics related to the pages visited most.

samimnoorzaitgc

More content, more and MORE useful content! Plan A: Make your articles split into parts then put a next section button. They'll continue reading as much as they can!
Plan B: Put a daily offer/bonus widget in your homepage. Simply, edit your website daily and put amazing offers (and sometimes not). Some people are slave for free offers so they'll check back your website daily. This gives you AdRevenue boost.

datamaya

One of my strategies is to put some relevant call-to-action buttons (usually they link to internal pages). For example, in a product description page you may add "related-products" links. According to my experience, this strategy helps your website visitors stay longer with more interactivity.

WebmasterPhil

For starters, you should intra-link more (use keyword links to link your webpages together). If you're using WordPress, then it's quite easy as there are plug-ins that intra-link pages automatically within your website.

You should also break-up long content into pages so that the webpages read more like pages in a book. So have something like this on the bottom of your webpage: 1 2 3 4 5 Next >>>

One last thing, add good images and videos to your site. Videos are particularly helpful at keeping the visitor on your website a fairly long time, and search engines do take notice how long visitors stay on your site before they bounce.

PatrickT

You know first thing you should do is to make sure that your web site is loading fast enough, because if it is not they will leave right away, second is your content which should be unique and interesting, videos and pics that catch eye work pretty well

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads