Advertising on Facebook?

jasonquey

In my opinion, Advertising on Facebook is much better then any PPC networks or at least it's cheaper then Adsense...etc..and much more responsive then other cheaper solutions

what do you guys say about it and are there any better solutions?

ertha

It depends on the geography as well i think, in my country 90 percent of people only use Facebook and are crazy about it, like spend half of their daily time on Facebook. So FB ads is the very powerful marketing tool at my place at the moment, people can purely dedicate their marketing budget into FB ad with no regret.

Alex - A2Hosting
I know several businesses doing this (clothing line startups and so on) though you can't say it works for every business as it really doesn't. Different methods work for different businesses, some will find huge successes on Facebook whereas others will find it costing them money.

Always test your campaigns, start small and increase the budget if it works.

A key to success on FB is testing different campaigns, each having its own audience targeting which is a very rich feature with Facebook.

Mark007

I would also agree on Facebook ads to be more fruitful to generate targeted traffic from specific locations. Facebook ads offer various customized options to build your audience from specific locations. This helps to generate local traffic more for your business.

pabitra

pabitra
You are sure Facebook ads will work for driving more traffic to your site? if yes, how?

ericplotz1

ericplotz1
By running ads, the traffic clicks, and they come to your site? Quit racking up your post count with junk!

Now for the OP

Facebook ads are great if utilized through a re-targeting platform or marketing to an email list. Otherwise AdWords has more ROI when done correctly. With facebook, yes you can check for interests, but say your in the medical industry. An interest there could be the interest of a doctor, patient, or nurse and those positions vary vastly. I don't think interest targeting would work well in something like the medical industry.

royals

Facebook is very good source of traffic if use wisely and cheap as when compared with adwords

professorrosado

From my perspective, Facebook marketing is effective for markets that use Facebook for their information or entertainment needs. Where these two factors compel them to a purchase is the key to using the platform effectively. You need to know your target market well - the better you do, the better you will be able to reach them on Facebook.

PPC (Adwords / Bing) is directed to search engine traffic (content networks excluded) where the emphasis is on keyword generated searches. The appeal being your ads relationship to the solution being sought by the searcher.

I think that you just found a better way for "you" to find your target market. I would think that if you knew how to optimize for your market in SE PPC and if your market depended on the SERs for their solution base, you would find PPC on Google or Bing a much better ROI (this also depends on the price of your product).

I would, however, recommend Facebook for most novice advertisers who are starting with a PPC strategy and then rev up to Bing and then to Google.

ericplotz1

ericplotz1
I agree with everything you said except this line. It is better for novices to start with AdWords. There are far more tutorial, info, and guidance on the web for AdWords then there is for Bing. If you start with Bing the information can be very scattered and complicated to take in. Where as with AdWords, there is not a shortage on info and you get both takes on the matter from Google themselves and other advertisers.

Bing puts out junk for info IMHO.

Once you learn AdWords, Bing is a cakewalk. And you can import your campaigns very easily from AdWords to Bing with just the click of a button.

HBAndrei

If you know exactly your target audience then FB ads are perfect for you, since it offers targeting like no other ad service out there.... but if you don't or can't target your ad properly then FB ads will be just a sink hole for your cash.

ypson

The main issue with Facebook is that when the people are using it they are not in the right mindset of purchasing stuff unlike when they actively search for a product/service, which is more likely to result in a conversion.

That mindset is slowly changing though.

tvtaddy

Yes advertising on fb is cheaper than adwords but it doesn't have the same potential of getting you the customers than adwords do.

AndiLim

Most people use facebook as a backlink since it is easy to use. People create fan page to promote their products and services, and to get potential clients.

wrigmark

For website click option..l am fully unsatisfied about the results from facebook ad. Conversions Showing in ad manager varies from actual.

wppluginspack

I love Facebook ads. The target demographics are better, re-marketing is very effective, and it's so well-integrated with the site that it has a different feel from adwords, which are clearly ads. I also like that there are so many options as to what your ad should achieve. The CTR was lower for me on Facebook, but the cost was also significantly lower. .02c/click compared to over $1.00.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.