Friendly URL is a ranking factor in SEO?

pabitra

All websites are using SEO friendly URL but I am wondering if I switch to raw URLs like myfile.php?id=89943

Can it affect to search engine optimization?

Nytshade

It doesn't make a big difference in search engine rankings, you might want to test it though to see if it hurts your rankings or not, especially the CTR (Clickthrough rate). Simply use something that is easy to remember, come up with user friendly URLs instead of focusing on SEO friendly URLs.

Having keywords in the URL does have it's own benefits as well, for instance it will make it a lot easier for the end-user to figure out what the site is all about.

But don't stress too much about URLs, focus your energy on creating great content that people will link to.

tech01

(Hi everyone i've just signed up here. Hope i'll get lots of knowledge here.)

It would be better if you select "static url's" rather than "dynamic"

PTTed

All websites are using SEO friendly URL but I am wondering if I switch to raw URLs like myfile.php?id=89943

Can it affect to search engine optimization?
In my personal experience it does matter if the keyword is in the URL. I think it matters a lot actually. It is another signal search engines use for relevancy. And relevancy is the most important ranking factor for most search engines. Obviously there are a lot of other signals used for determining page relevancy, but keywords in the URL are one of those signals.

So I would recommend you don't switch to raw URL's like myfile.php?id=89943 You may as well use every tool at your disposal, especially when it doesn't cost you anything.

emilylynch

Using keywords in the url is an important factor in the process of ranking. Apart from the dynamic url you are suggesting, the friendly urls with keywords will get better click through rate from SERP results.

wellwisher

Of course It would make a difference, I saw multiple ranking gaining when I shifted my ranking parameter from custom to the post name. And having a keyword in your URL also provide SEO gains.

anhbloginc

It could but exactly keyword optimization is also require to rank.

Be careful not to have it in the URL twice. For instance exactmatch.com/exact-match

YOu could get hit with an over optimization

guptachetan121993

According to me, It would have a great impact on your blog's SEO.
You should use SEO friendly URL's, they will help you for better ranking.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.