Do you think domain TLD still important on SEO ?

anhbloginc

I have just purchased a new domain ([URLnf="http://news.deals"]News.Deals[/URLnf]) and planning to build a deals website. The domain is good but cost me a lot of me per year and I just wonder if it's worth to build a site and get traffic to it.

So, does the domain TLD still important ? And will it ranked like other general TLD like .com, .net ... etc ?

yunarel

I have just purchased a new domain (News.Deals) and planning to build a deals website. The domain is good but cost me a lot of me per year and I just wonder if it's worth to build a site and get traffic to it.

So, does the domain TLD still important ? And will it ranked like other general TLD like .com, .net ... etc ?
I am having the same question and I bought some domains like yours to develop my eCommerce websites.

Waiting for some valuable answers :)

AbeloHost

All I can say is that I've seen non .com domains rank over .com domains for the exact same targetted keyword. Almost never see the newer .TLD's that they've put out, however.

guptachetan121993

I don't think that TLD's are still important.
We can rank any domain If we will provide best product and services to our users. When our services will be good and will be able to get references from others then I am sure that our website will definitely rank higher.

jms

i don't think buying that .deals TLD was worth it, if you are a big company and have some future plans for the coming 20-50 years, yep it might be worth it to buy all kind of TLDs including the .Sucks ones to at least protect your brand, and to not have to buy it when someone else takes it, it would save millions of $ at that time, but for individuals and small business i can't see any benifit from that especially that SE like google don't even consider them good/realable TLDs at all

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
That's not true at all... There is no such thing as good, reliable TLD's....

To be very blunt TLDs are not a ranking factor... In other words it does not matter which TLD you have!!! Due to the shear number of .com's out there you could be forgiven for thinking .com's are better for ranking - but its not true - its just that there are much more of them whereby many of these sites are well established and have gained authority over many years... the same applies to .org's etc ...

What matters is your on/off page SEO i.e. backlinks, internal linking structure as well as content which appeals and informs users etc... Bottom line - search engines such as G do not give a sh** about the TLD extension.... That said some people can find some TLD's to be off-putting i.e. .biz sites are to an extent unpopular and can be seen as scammy so may get less clicks when seen on the SERPs....

The OP's domain purchase could be a good one in my opinion - but of course we don't know how much was paid for it - especially if it was bought from someone else... Personally I would hang on to it as it has a lot of potential wrt branding and various business angles which it could be leveraged for...

anhbloginc

I have purchased it as regular order for $39. It's a regular price for a .deals domain.

That's not true at all... There is no such thing as good, reliable TLD's....

To be very blunt TLDs are not a ranking factor... In other words it does not matter which TLD you have!!! Due to the shear number of .com's out there you could be forgiven for thinking .com's are better for ranking - but its not true - its just that there are much more of them whereby many of these sites are well established and have gained authority over many years... the same applies to .org's etc ...

What matters is your on/off page SEO i.e. backlinks, internal linking structure as well as content which appeals and informs users etc... Bottom line - search engines such as G do not give a sh** about the TLD extension.... That said some people can find some TLD's to be off-putting i.e. .biz sites are to an extent unpopular and can be seen as scammy so may get less clicks when seen on the SERPs....

The OP's domain purchase could be a good one in my opinion - but of course we don't know how much was paid for it - especially if it was bought from someone else... Personally I would hang on to it as it has a lot of potential wrt branding and various business angles which it could be leveraged for...

ypson

Based on my experiences with ccTLD, it certainly counts so I would assume same goes for gTLD. When you search keyword.country , and just keyword gives different results, the one with .country, would show a ccTLD domain that normally has much less weight but associated with the said country.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.