What works best: PPC or SEO?

Maxoq

With over 2 years of SEO experience, specializing in long and short tail keyword on websites. I don't think it's an either or decision and it often depends on the specific company. But if I forced you to make a decision then which one you'd would go with SEO or PPC? and why?

Please share your honest answers!

PTTed

With over 2 years of SEO experience, specializing in long and short tail keyword on websites. I don't think it's an either or decision and it often depends on the specific company. But if I forced you to make a decision then which one you'd would go with SEO or PPC? and why?

Please share your honest answers!
It depends on the circumstances. If it is a business website, I would do both probably as long as both are profitable.

If it is a monetized website selling an information product or advertising or building an email list to sell affiliate products to, then I would make a determination if it was going to be profitable to do each one. If I had to absolutely pick one, I would probably choose SEO simply because (in my experience) it is almost always less expensive to acquire new customers that way.

arindamb

arindamb
But it is very hard to achieve the good results from search engines. So, SEO also should be invested a bit more like PPC
??

Reactions: premiumproxies

PTTed

PTTed
It's not usually hard to achieve good results from search engines. In most cases it is usually easy if you have enough experience.

Tim Dutch

If I'm forced to choose, I will go for PPC. Why? Because if I use PPC, it gives me guaranteed business.
Just like you can be an expert in SEO you can be an expert in PPC with significant advantages, but most of the people are putting their dedication in SEO because you can learn SEO for free.

elcidofaguy

I certainly recommend a combined approach.... Start off with PPC to figure out how well your site converts, the best keywords as well as split testing to increase conversions... With PPC you can easily lose money quickly so make sure to remove campaigns which do not yield an ROI... In parallel I would also focus on SEO (on/off page)... In addition I recommend creating helper sites such as reviews, youtube, social media etc which can pull in traffic with providing some pre-sales support before referring it to your money site...

lkovnih226

With PPC you can easily lose money quickly so make sure to remove campaigns which do not yield an ROI... In parallel I would also focus on SEO (on/off page)...
I agree with you on this but do you have experience to use PPC effectively without loosing too much money?
In addition I recommend creating helper sites such as reviews, youtube, social media etc which can pull in traffic with providing some pre-sales support before referring it to your money site...
Please elaborate this step, how to increase traffic by creating helper sites?

talukdar

SEO is effective for long run.
PPC can generate traffic in short time and also focus on only targeted traffic.

media89

PPC = fast targeted traffic
SEO = long time to get it, but when you have organic targeted traffic it will last longer than PPC, of course... if you build links and keep everything up to date.

jameswilliam723

PPC and SEO both are best at driving traffics and customers to your services.
PPC is temporary and SEO is been permanent only if you keep doing same SEO things.

I'd prefer more on SEO for without spending any money to get valuable clients.But It can take more days you knew this already.

psdconvert

PPC and SEO both have individual importance. PPC stand for guaranteed business and paid campaigning and other hand SEO stands for long term traffic but slow and take some time to produce traffic on your web page.

designdigitaldxb

Both have their own pros and cons if you need quick traffic then definitely you should go for PPC but if you need quality leads and want to wait for a few months then SEO works better so all depend on the needs

akashsharma

PPC will give instant results but I don't think the results are long lasting.We can increase traffic to website through PPC not rankings for the website. PPC would be the best option for the e-commerce sites.Coming to SEO if we do follow white hat techniques and implemented the right strategies at right time,then we will definitely get good results. SEO takes sometime,we won't see instant results,but whatever results we acquire are long lasting.

So if I was asked to choose then I will go with SEO.

hrishivardhan

For instant traffic you can invest in PPC. But once you off the pay, you will lose traffic. While SEO is long lasting results and it is free.

Unknown

I think that PPC is better because it yields results with not much work if done properly. You can get results much faster and with SEO it isn't easy depending on your niche and keywords. It can be tough especially for newer, less established sites to build up the rank. PPC does require you to invest some money but if you're smart, you will get a return on that investment.

But regardless, SEO is still worth your time because organic results have a higher chance of actually getting clicked. So, they both work but it depends on how much time you're willing to invest to get the desired results, if you have a budget that you can spend, etc.

rawatgoal

PPC nowadays are more effective for most of the e-commerce industry. SEO is a must for long-term benefits.
Consider both of them for your business, as per need.

vishwa

PPC and SEO both are great ways to drive traffic to your website. PPC gives you instant and targeted traffic while in SEO you have to optimize your website for better SEO and have to create quality backlink to your site. SEO take some time and give you life-time traffic from search engine. So, both are different perspective of driving traffic.

umerali

SEO is a long term solution where as PPC is temporary. Go for SEO but PPC has its own value. In my opinion, SEO and PPC should be carried out equally but in some cases like E-commerce, PPC should be increased.

manmad

It really depends on your budget and on the goal you want to achieve. It's quite simple, if you're in a niche that's going to die out quick, but it can generate some fast revenue then go for PPC, if you're looking to host a blog for a long time then you'd go for SEO, however it's not going to be an easy goal to accomplish.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.