Blogs vs Forums: which gives you better traffic?

aceofadsense

For increasing traffic to my site, I am using three methods, these are forums, blogs and social networks, but I am getting confused when I couldn't measure the traffic to my site from these sources, as your experience, which source for better traffic? I am feeling it's more easier to get traffic from forums while blogs comments or guest posts spending me too much time and money.

PTTed

It really depends on each site. If the blog has a bigger audience than the forum, then a guest blog post or a well placed early comment might get you more traffic than one single forum post would. And also consider that if you get a great link from a guest blog post and it boosts your ranking for a certain page for a certain keyword then that factors into the equation.

But chances are, if you are participating in a forum on a regular basis, and that forum audience matches your audience for your website, and you make a compelling call to action for your forum signature file, and you are contributing high quality advice on the forum, then you will probably generate more direct traffic from the forum.

But it still depends on how much traffic the blog gets compared to how much traffic the forum gets. There are multiple factors involved.

hrishivardhan

It depends on how your content is, if your content is good for users, it will definitely give you traffic. Use good content in blog post for certain keywords, will give more traffic then blog comments and forum post.

cwvps1

I love blog commenting. As I am naturally very interested in my niche, I love reading what others have to say on that topic and, naturally, I have comments and questions. By doing this, one definitely contributes the discussion and host blogger and other readers appreciate that. Naturally, you get more visits too, because they are interested in what else you have to say or know.

Archana

I would say that guest blogging will help you much better than any other strategy. Guest blogging is done on high PR sites and it needs the authority of the site owner to publish your content to generate huge traffic on your site. It is a powerful technique and you can get huge visitors through it within an instant.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.