How to make Google Bots visit my site regularly?

Shirley_Sharp

According to google webmaster tool and as my analytics on webpage, number of visits from google bots are slow, I want google bots visit my site regularly or increase Google-Bot's site crawl rate

How to do that? can any one share me any tips

PTTed

I'm not sure why you care to increase the Googlebot presence on your website unless you constantly dish out information that you need/want to get indexed instantly because it is time sensitive.

But, in any case, if you want the Googlebot to visit your site more often, then you want to get some more inbound links to your site. That will do the trick. The higher the PageRank of the source pages for the links the better. The more PageRank your pages have, the more often the bot tends to visit. To increase that, get regular dofollow links from pages with lots of Google PageRank.

Another way to get the bot to visit more frequently is to constantly add new content to your website, like all day long every day. Googlebot can be trained. If it always finds new content on a prominent page on your site then it will keep coming back more frequently to capture that new content. If it visits your page a bunch of times and sees that the content is not changing, then it decreases the number of visits and increases time in between visits.

Another way you can get it to visit is to change the parameters in your sitemap to tell it a certain page updates more frequently. But that only works for a short while as it soon learns whether or not you actually update that page very much. If you don't add new content to that page often, it will simply decrease the number of visits.

I don't even pay attention to how often Googlebot visits my sites. I don't much care. The only time it mattered to me was when I was running a news related blog.

hrishivardhan

Use fresh, unique content. Every time, when Google bots visiting your website, they should find a new content in your website. So post regularly with fresh content.

Last edited:

akashsharma

You need to update your website content regularly to make google bot crawl your site more because they are very much concerned and give priority to the unique and fresh content.

aryvartit

Bro nice question. These are the few tips.you have to be doing proper submission in off pages with unique content such as high PR, social bookmarking, forum discussion, guest posting, and regular activities in social media networks

jms

Well..continues "Unique and Quality" Content Posting in your website should be enough to teach google to visit your website in higher rate.

otherwise if you are just getting started, i believe you can resubmit your Sitemap to google webmaster tools always after making some posts (that worked for me), i post something and submit it to google less than 1 day, i find my website in top ranking in google search.

one more thing having an auto generated sitemap would help a lot.

guptachetan121993

Increase the posting frequency of your blog. Do write quality and fresh content regularly to increase the crawl rate of your blog. :D

dlane1987

Update regularly and google will come back more. But really it's not important in the long run because they will index you anyway. It may even be beneficial to you if they do not come back loads. Because it gives you a chance to promote your pages and google may even land on your page by finding it on another site which means you have backlinks right away.

vishwa

Don't waste your time to increase the presence of Google bot to your site. Focus on your site content, add relevant and informative content. Google loves content. So, Just work on it and Google will love to index your site.

adi123

You should rather focus on quality driven content and update your webpage at regular intervals with such stuff.As there is no specific time duration when google sends its bots to fetch data but this is quite sure that bots would not visit your domain unless you have fresh data to be served.So just focus on content and leave the rest upon google.

Alby

It doesn't rally matter how often the bot visits your website, although generally every time you update your content, it should visit. If you want to encourage it to visit, then simply use a ping service.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.