How to analyze and detect suspicious traffic?

pabitra

Hi guys,
I have a website around 800 UVs daily, its traffic is from more sources as social networks, seo, advertising..

Today I have just realized that it has more hits or page views (100K) when I saw it from web analytic tools of my web hosting control panel. They seems to be bots or crawlers.

I would like to know are there some ways to analyze and detect suspicious traffic?

ericplotz1

Using a CDN like cloudflare (free) or MaxCDN (paid) should clean up quite a bit of that.

I thought you already answered your own question. I guess your question was supposed to be "how to find the source of the traffic". I know in most circumstances, it's important to find the source in order to stop the issue. In IM that's not the case a lot of the time. Just figure out how to stop the attacks from bots and stop worrying about what and why.

I do life coaching and I tell people all the time:

"Don't focus on the problem, focus on the solution."

statvoo

Add something like cloudflare or MacCDN as already mentioned by 'ericplotz1' and then see what traffic is actually doing what.

royals

You can also add a script in your header file to detect mouse movement. If there is no mouse movement then definitely its a bot and you can redirect it. EASY

johnfiore

You can check via bounce rate and page/visit.If the visitor has higher bounce rate then you can consider what is it.

sharonbreemj

To detect Spam traffic you can look in the traffic sources in Analytics, if you see strange domains not related to your topic like seo-buttons.com and the time on site is 0:00 it is bots. And unfortunately there are a lot of bots today massing our analytics reports. Usually I try to look at organic traffic in the Analytics but sometimes it is also massed with bots.

vishwa

If you are using WordPress than there is a plugin called "Wordfence" This is a security plugin and also have the ability to block fake bots and traffic.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.