How to get Paypal refund if the seller does not deliver the items?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
I'm working with some freelancers and they wanted me send upfont payment but for first sellers that I have not yet worked with then it has risks if I send upfont payment but they don't deliver work or the items

My questions is, how to get refund if I sent payment but the seller does not deliver the items on Paypal?

Nytshade

You simply need to file a dispute.

Here's how to open a dispute:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Resolve a problem in Resolution Center.
3. Click Dispute a Transaction.
4. Select Item Dispute, then click Continue.
5. Click Find transaction ID.
6. Click the Transaction ID next to the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.

Note:
You have to open a dispute with PayPal within the timeframe noted in the transaction details.

If you and the seller cant resolve the problem, you can ask paypal to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim.

If you dont escalate a dispute to a claim within 20 days, paypal will automatically close it. Once a dispute is closed, you cant reopen it or escalate it to a claim.
Hope that helps.

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
BillEssley
If Paypal still can't solve the problem then the money will go to which account? or in pending status?

Nytshade

Nytshade
What's going to happen is that you're first going to solve the problem with the seller, paypal won't be involved at this moment although you'll be using the paypal interface/website to come up with a solution. If the seller doesn't respond to your dispute then paypal will simply refund the money to your account.

If the seller responds to your dispute but for whatever reason you're still not happy and want a refund then you can escalate your dispute to a claim. That's if the seller doesn't want to offer you a refund, then the paypal team will look at your dispute (your whole conversation with the seller) and determine whether you should be refunded or not.

To whom the money will go to will depend on how the dispute goes between you and the seller. Hope that makes sense.

ElixantTechnology

Keep in mind that paypal doesn't protect buyers against Digital Goods (Hosting, Coding, Freelancing, Etc) therefore there is only a 1% chance that you will win a dispute if you file it in regards to these catagories. That is of corse unless the transaction was made off your credit card and you file a chargeback directly with your card company.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.