what should I be considered when starting a business?

Gustav

I want to start a new niche website and having things in mind but I still need your suggestions what should I be considered when starting a business?

Here are some steps I used for previous websites.

The idea and the plan
Know who will be my customers
Check out the competition
Budget for the projects
How to get customers

What do you guys think to add to my list? or maybe better ideas?

elcidofaguy

I would test it before investing any time and effort into it... to do that setup a simple landing page outlining your proposal and ask for early bird signups with using ads... If you get lots of signups then great you're onto a winner... Little to zero signups could be a bad sign that its not worth it... This approach also allows you to test your sales page and gives you a chance to get critical feedback before its too late...

jaztez

I would agree that testing before investing time, effort and money is the way to go.

You could use a site like lead pages to create a landing page in a few minutes, then push social media or pay per click traffic to it in order to see what interest you get.

Once you make the decision to launch based on information, you should be looking at strong on-site content and a strong social media presence right from the start.

wppluginspack

Market research is the most valuable part of a business plan. Know your competition well. And as Eban Pagan suggests, start small. Instead of a full program, start with a downloadable PDF (as an example). See how it works and go from there.

Adam Yunker

Hey there,

Frankly, I think to many people focus on the low competition and finding really niche areas to dominate. I always been a big believer in picking a category and creating a couple free niche products for your squeeze page in that category. Should look like this:

Category -> Niche products

So basically this is helping the people out in your category with some smaller niche products, rather than choosing a niche and only having 1 product to offer them.

For example: Making Money (I would consider a category) and you can offer different free products to them such as making money online, making money in real estate, making money in the stock market, etc.

Then you can give them an overall plan for free and dive deeper into each of these and offer paid for products like: After they get the free making money online course they can pay and get the SEO Secrets eBook, or what have you..

That's my two sense on that topic. I get why people do the low competition SEO stuff, but it's just a lot more fun to build a big powerhouse brand in a big industry in my opinion at least.

Hope this was somewhat helpful :)

Take care, Adam

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.