How to create content and build links to affiliate sites?

rainmaker11

I'm building an affiliate site but to be honest it's too hard to drive traffic and creating content for it. Could any one share me tips on how to build links to affiliate sites or make affiliate links as trusted links for visitors?

elcidofaguy

You have two issues here:

1) Outbound affiliate links on your site. For that you need to mask the display url and then redirect to the affiliate URL after they click on it... There are a ton of scripts, plugins which cloak affiliate links...

2) Inbound links i.e. backlinks.... You need to get quality backlinks from sites which G trusts and not the cr** on fiverr etc... Bad backlinks either do nothing or cause your rankings to go down...

I would say the best approach is to forget G and ranking on the serps for the time being... Focus on establishing your business which does not rely on a single source of traffic... e.g. build an email list, create traffic channels from other sources e.g. social, video marketing ads etc... and in parallel and over time build your SEO presence but diversify as mentioned....

Hope that helps!

elcidofaguy

@elcidofaguy Why is this important?
- There's a ton of reasons why wrt masking affiliate links... Here are some:

1) Easier to manage your affiliate links e.g. yourwebsite/afflink1, yourwebsite/afflink2, yourwebsite/afflink3 .... etc.... vs. very long tedious links with parameters etc... Also should the affiliate offer change you only need to change the redirect in one place and not everywhere where you placed it (on/off your website) which would happen otherwise and could be a real pain to fix.

2) You can also track your clicks before the redirect vs. just placing the naked affiliate URL...

3) You also stand a chance to beat ad blockers e.g. ad url shows a link on your site vs. an amazon aff link...

4) By use of cloaking your aff link the correct way would be to 301 redirect with no index/no follow... That way you prevent link juice dissipation and possible penalty by search engines...

5) I l also believe the click through rate is higher when the link looks like it is on your website vs. a very long affiliate url...

6) Some folks also raise concerns with affiliate links getting hijacked and commissions stolen....

I wanted to spend money into advertising and getting around 10 to 20 subs daily, is it possible and which advertising networks would you recommend me?
I would go for FB ads, solo ads as well as on related forums and authority websites which are already getting the targeted traffic you want... Avoid Adwords due to the "data harvesting" policy which basically prevents you from using Adwords for the purpose of building a list...

Hope that helps!

brettek

brettek
The cost for solo ads is higher than FB ads, how to get more clicks from FB ads, I tried but failed with it.

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
I don't know why you think solo ads cost more.. There are many vendors out there with different prices... When doing solo ads first test it against a small number e.g. 100 emails and see how many of those opt into your list...

With FB - its not an easy beast to master... Forget direct selling... You need to either entertain or provide value... The way I do is to provide a free ebook, video course etc in exchange for the email signup... Also think about your ad title, image and description... Look at other ads for inspiration if need be as you can see what maybe working - but of course do not copy them lol... My best advice is focus on solving problems and use that as a basis for your USP...

Regarding FB ad costs you need to experiment with lots of different types of ads with different targeting etc... From that you will quickly see which ads are not converting and consequently remove them from your campaign... You can also base your costs on ppc, number of impressions as well as location e.g. side bar, wall as well as devices.. For example I do not bother with mobile for some niches as I found I get a better ROI....

mmninja

I know the content writing part is difficult but it's unavoidable. If you can't write the content then you need to get someone who can. Maybe you can try something like Fiverr.com?

From what I know, I would say the easiest method of getting traffic to a new affiliate site is through PPC or Facebook Ads. Of course, if you have an email list, use that!! But don't completely ignore building content to the site, in the long run it's the content that will keep bringing you traffic for a very long time. Good luck.

Hometutor

Go where your customers are. I agree don't worry about search engines for now. You want traffic so social media, soft sell. Use your profile. Join groups. Network with people. The more they get to know you, the more likely they will buy and then buy again.

Rick

mindwave1

Most of the sales I made from affiliate marketing were through Google. I will never advise anyone to forget about Google. If you don't know how SEO works just get the skill, this is very important.

Miguelito203

Driving traffic is a process. It's not something you do in one day. Before you start worrying about driving traffic, though, you need to have enough content so that your site looks like a site, if that makes sense. Do you already have some product reviews up? In my experience, if you're building a smaller site around one product (micro-niche site) for like a product launch, you don't actually need too much content to get traffic and make sales. If you're building a larger niche site, where you plan to have lots of reviews and stuff, that's when you need to have your site built out more, so it will look more authoritative. If you're having trouble coming up with content, you need to dive into your niche some more. Get to know the kinds of questions people ask. You can use forums and the Google keyword planner for this. If you're using Wordpress to build your site, you can cloak your links with "pretty link" plugin. I use this one all the time.

Joey

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.