Updating old posts vs. creating new content?

Maxoq

My college is advising me that creating new content is better than updating old posts. In your point of view, which should you go for more SEO benefits and keyword rankings: updating old posts or creating new content?

vishwa

You can do both simultaneously. Adding new and fresh content will help you to make your blog more active and fresh. While updating your old posts will help your repeated visitors. Both techniques are good for SEO as well.

PTTed

My college is advising me that creating new content is better than updating old posts. In your point of view, which should you go for more SEO benefits and keyword rankings: updating old posts or creating new content?
It depends on a number of factors like whether the old posts have juicy inbound links or not and what keywords you want to target and whether those old posts already rank well for those keywords and things like that.

I would say that if you want to target the same keywords that your old posts target, then update and improve those old posts. If you want to target new keywords or slightly different keywords, then create a new page and link from the old pages to the new ones you want to get ranked high.

spoorti1509

Well it totally depends and i suggest you to manage both simultaneously, i mean you can manage both simultaneously so that you can add new content which makes your blog more active and fresh as well . Coming back to updating part-Yes this mandatory that you should update your old posts to keep your users and website updated so that it helps your repeated visitors too. At the end i prefer both techniques and it s a good to manage both in SEO point of view. I just said my opinion

Rob Whisonant

The rule I follow is...

If the post is getting good traffic..... Don't touch it!

If the post is getting very little traffic... Update it!

If I want traffic for a specific keyword phrase I am not currently getting good traffic to... Write a new post!

smcquade

Personally, I think you should focus on updating old posts first, as you can re-promote them to your list and get a spike in traffic, without having to spend hours writing content.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies