Have you had much luck with Adsense Text links?

ITMDB

Ive added them to my [URLnf="http://itmanagerstoolbox.com/"]IT resource blog[/URLnf] just below the title on each of the posts. Ive tried to blend them in with the page as well as I can. I just have a few questions really:

1) When you visit a post on my blog, do you notice the text ads under the title at all?

2) Have you had good experiences from them on your site? Do they earn much for you? or would something like a 468x60 banner ad generate more income if placed under the blog title.

Thanks for any advice you have.

John

pathfinder

You did it cleverly and I could not realize where is real links from your blog or where is Adsense text link.

I have got no luck when visiting your blog.

PTTed

Ive added them to my [URLnf="http://itmanagerstoolbox.com/"]IT resource blog[/URLnf] just below the title on each of the posts. Ive tried to blend them in with the page as well as I can. I just have a few questions really:

1) When you visit a post on my blog, do you notice the text ads under the title at all?
I noticed them, but I think that is because I was looking for them because you asked. If I wasn't specifically looking for them there, I think I would have been ad-blind to them as you have them right now.

2) Have you had good experiences from them on your site? Do they earn much for you? or would something like a 468x60 banner ad generate more income if placed under the blog title.
In my experience they usually don't earn very much. The best luck I have had with them is positioning them where you would expect to see a navigational header menu. If it ends up looking like it is part of your site's navigational structure, then you get clicks.

In general, larger blocks like a medium rectangle or larger underneath your page title are going to earn you the most revenue in the short run.

However, in my opinion, on sites that do that, it lowers my opinion of the quality of the site and makes me more likely to click away from the site or to just bounce back to the search results. If you are building a site for maximum long term results, then you want to strike a balance between what is good for your short term earnings vs. what is good for your long term success of the website.

If you don't care about your visitor and just want maximum ad clicks in the short run then place large blocks of ads in the highest heat map area of your site. That means right under the page title above the fold and typically at the top of sidebars and depending on your style of header, maybe in the header.

If you care about your visitor and whether they like your site or not, then you want to base your ad positions accordingly so as not to annoy them. For example, this forum shows ads on the right sidebar. That is a much lower CTR position, but it is better for visitors and members of this forum.

ITMDB

@PTTed - To be honest that is why I chose to put the text ad links under the title. I mean personally if I was reading a blog they look far more appealing than a large rectangular advert.

vishwa

I personally found content ads perform better than link ads unit.

RenderedElite

Was looking for them, couldn't find them.. then I remembered I had Ad Blocker on. :)

I like the the ad block next to the Submit an Article button, perfect location! I really like your website!

Anyways, I haven't had much success with text links and I don't recommend using them.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.