Twitter is good marketing tool?

Logan

Is twitter good marketing tool as compare to google+ and facebook.What is your opinion?

SIG

Hey Logan,

It really depends on what traffic are you looking for. Twitter is good for many things, all you need is to target a niche, build up followers, tweet.

Twitter is good for many niches, some of them:
  • IM
  • Adult
  • Tech
  • Hosting
  • Web design/development

This is what I know about, but I'm sure there are many other niches Twitter is good at.

Regarding Google+. I'm going a little offtopic now. Google+ "likes" - "Pluses" have a good impact on SEO from what I tested on my sites.

To get the power of Google+ all you have to do is join communities within your niche and start plussing and sharing the post from the communities. After that share your own content on this communities. More content you share, the better for your traffic, rankings.

You can also automate it using bots.

PS: I used "bot/bots" since when I joined WebmasterSun, please don't think I'm trying to promote bots. I'm just saying... they are the future for automatization. Just ask yourself this:
When my website gets big, how can I automate the traffic and grow even bigger?

PTTed

I think Twitter is an excellent marketing tool if you are willing to put in the time and you have enough time to put into it or if you are willing to pay to outsource someone to handle your Twitter account management.

The main problem I have with Twitter is the non-stop maintenance it requires to keep building it up. It requires a lot of time and it is something you need to do every single day pretty much. That makes it too much like work for me. I prefer to focus on things that I can do once and then reap the benefits of for a long, long time to come afterwards.

It has its benefits, but it takes a long time and a lot of consistent effort on your part to build it up to a point where you have many loyal followers. In my experience, as soon as you stop trying to build it up (like you take a break for a couple months) you end up losing whatever loyal audience you had built up. And that sucks. That's why I won't use it as a primary traffic generation tool or as a primary communication channel with my audience.

Any other opinions?

Reactions: roggy

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
I am with you, it can be so time consuming. Even just building up your following. I know I spent a ton of time adding followers (kind of picky) and like you said once you stop or take a break it doesn't grow much on it's own. I recently started using a new tool and while it's greatly increased my likes and retweets, it has not grown my following as much as I'd hoped.

Your so right, you gotta work it pretty much every day. Funny, I see people saying, you can do social media with an hour a day. Ya right.

Dayneez

I think Twitter could be used as one of the tool, but not only one. Google+, Facebook, etc are helpfull for increase contacts with your audience

Ola Rybacka

I think it depends on business niche. Two months ago I was convinced that this channel will be completely useless for our company promotion, now it's the most growing site for us with best engagement value.

georgeuser

It does take time to build up a Twitter audience, such as by following others in your niche and getting some to follow you back in return. But once you gain enough momentum, Twitter users I've found are more engaging than say FB, and tend to hang around our site longer.

Sandra

I think any business at this moment needs to have at least the three of them. In some cases other niche oriented as well.
I have one twitter account per site, and use it mostly to post updates of new articles etc, or to connect with people related with that site. It is a pr tool. I did some tests long ago in terms of creating a big following and sell affiliate products, etc. It worked, but not good enough to worth my time.

samimnoorzaitgc

If you own a popular twitter account with many fans, it can be much valuable if you do effective short tweets. But for a personal or small business account, you need to advertise.

rohan941

Is twitter good marketing tool as compare to google+ and facebook.What is your opinion?
They are all good marketing tool. But I would recommend twitter, you can get targeted audience for your specific niche with twitter, the only downfall is that you would need alot of active followers who are interrested in your brand. Lets say you're doing affiliate matrketting and you do a quick short tweet instantly your followers will see your tweet and boom you can make alot of sales base on the amount of followers you have.

bigupman

It's great for anything not allowed on FB: pharmaceuticals, adult, gambling and others.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies