Periscope for business

nesito29

Since we don't have a Periscope section I create the thread here.

You see, over the past few months Periscope has grown tremendously allowing marketers, business owners and pretty much anyone to connect in a way YouTube can't, there are more and more people using Periscope every day so I wanted to share with you a few tips when scoping for business.

1. Plan ahead: Before you start scoping plan your scope, don't just start scoping and saying the first thing that pops in your mind. If you do this you will not only look unprofessional but, you could end up having nothing to say and wasting people's time (nobody likes to waste time, so, plan first, scope later).

2. Have Ads: Let me explain what I mean with this go to word and print where you will want to redirect people to (the link). e.g. Let's say that you want people to visit your site, it's easier for people to listen and see your link than just telling them about it. This can also aply if you are trying to promote something.

3. Ask people for hearts when you say something they like: One of the best things about Periscope is that you get instant feedback! and that's awesome! If you want to grow and continue growing, the use of good and reliable feedback is a must.

4. Don't scope for too long!: Remember that people have lives too and you might be interrupting them from something else, make it count. A good scope takes about 10-15 minutes, no more.

I hope these tips help you start scoping in case you aren't already.
If you are, what have your experiences been up till now?

Alex the Lion

Great set of tips there nesito. Perioscope really is growing at a phenomenal rate and it's perfect for developing another level of interaction with your audience. I'm a big fan of Q&A with a cup of coffee style scopes. Also, as you sort of hinted at, I would love to see a periscope section on this forum.

Crystal Violet

Since we don't have a Periscope section I create the thread here.

You see, over the past few months Periscope has grown tremendously allowing marketers, business owners and pretty much anyone to connect in a way YouTube can't, there are more and more people using Periscope every day so I wanted to share with you a few tips when scoping for business.

1. Plan ahead: Before you start scoping plan your scope, don't just start scoping and saying the first thing that pops in your mind. If you do this you will not only look unprofessional but, you could end up having nothing to say and wasting people's time (nobody likes to waste time, so, plan first, scope later).

2. Have Ads: Let me explain what I mean with this go to word and print where you will want to redirect people to (the link). e.g. Let's say that you want people to visit your site, it's easier for people to listen and see your link than just telling them about it. This can also aply if you are trying to promote something.

3. Ask people for hearts when you say something they like: One of the best things about Periscope is that you get instant feedback! and that's awesome! If you want to grow and continue growing, the use of good and reliable feedback is a must.

4. Don't scope for too long!: Remember that people have lives too and you might be interrupting them from something else, make it count. A good scope takes about 10-15 minutes, no more.

I hope these tips help you start scoping in case you aren't already.
If you are, what have your experiences been up till now?
Another business owner was raving about Periscope and how she's on it any time of the day. With your post, I am sold on it. Where and how do you place ads on Periscope? Can you explain this:

"2. Have Ads: Let me explain what I mean with this go to word and print where you will want to redirect people to (the link)."

Asking because I don't see any ads on other user's site. I may have just looked at a few that don't have them or missed them (btw, I just accidentally "Hearted" someone 4 times before realizing it was coming from me! To other newbies, if you touch the screen during someone's periscope, it will send a heart and don't try to click on the heart it doesn't do anything but send more hearts :) ).

Developer

Crystal, Nesite29 already explained this, however, I missed it at first too, so,
allow me to elaborate a little.

The way to place ads on Periscope is to "go to word and print where you will
want to redirect people to (the link)".

In other words, as your hosting a Periscope session, and as you're telling them
about a link you want them to visit, you would also be physically typing a link
into MS Word (could be notepad, write, photoshop or even an HTML editor) and
type the link you want people to visit.

By physically showing them the URL, they are more likely to visit it rather than
you simply verbally telling or asking them to visit a URL (especially useful when
promoting a URL that is commonly misspelled or not easily understood verbally).

A friend of mine has had a lot of success with Periscope as well and the way
he does sessions is that he sits in front of his whiteboard (whiteboard behind
him of course), and has the URL written on the whiteboard which is visible the
entire session.

Does that help?

Ron Killian

I've been seeing more and more about Periscope myself. And yes the marketers saying it's bring them traffic. Video is still a little out of my comfort zone, so I haven't messed with it. Think I need to get over that, sure I am missing out.

Curious, how difficult is it to get traffic? Is it about getting the most hearts? Are their followers? Shows how much i know about it :)

Really like the idea of the whiteboard Developer, awesome idea. Be like Moz :)

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views