Vimeo vs. Youtube?

Maxoq

If comparing between Youtube and Vimeo then it likes comparing Google and Bing. Perhaps Vimeo is even less significant than Youtube when it comes to market share.

Are you guys focusing on both youtube and vimeo to promote your products or web services?

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
I think google does not give importance to vimeo. If you upload a video on youtube then you can find it in google search(rank high on some keyword) but you will never see a vimeo video(very less chances until you use keyword like "best forum vimeo"

tifymili

youtube is google'son! why does google help Vimeo? I recommend you should use youtube!
good luck!

PatrickT

Yeah, Youtube is a SEO- friendly, and obviously it has a bigger audience. But what I like about Vimeo is that it doesn't have ads :rolleyes2:, which I understand it's unhealthy for business accounts.

anhbloginc

I still prefer YouTube than Video as I didn't use Vimeo much and don't have much experience with it. YouTube is fast enough and can monetize with viewers I received.

binelus

If comparing between Youtube and Vimeo then it likes comparing Google and Bing. Perhaps Vimeo is even less significant than Youtube when it comes to market share.

Are you guys focusing on both youtube and vimeo to promote your products or web services?
I would suggest that you mainly use YouTube but take Vimeo as a backup for all your personal videos, in case something happens to your channel (restricted, violations of any sort, deleted videos, etc).

hynds

hynds
Correct, Youtube always checks the copyrights for any videos uploaded and they have very strict policies. So in some cases your videos maybe are unwanted deleted by them. You need another place to backup almost your interested videos then vimeo is the best choice.

Carlos Tabora

I recommend using YouTube for your public video marketing and promotional activities but I actually like using Vimeo Pro for hosting my private and member's only videos that I use on my own Websites.

Tshepo

I actually like Vimeo, not entirely related to its functions or service. I was looking for a TV show teaser for the final Season of Survivor like last month. I literally had to go through "hundreds" of click-bait, complete spam videos that are generated with long duration. This is just getting worse on Youtube with automation. If you wan't millions of views generated for your videos to give them an edge, you can ironically just Google and see services that are even free for this. I actually had so nuch fun on Youtube before Google bought it. It was low-budget looking in production, sort of like really bad B-rate vifeos, but fun. But here came Google and commercialized it, killing off their own Google Video.
I prefer youtube to using vimeo, maybe it served better for my marketing purpose.

I still prefer YouTube than Video as I didn't use Vimeo much and don't have much experience with it. YouTube is fast enough and can monetize with viewers I received.
I have same thought with you, Youtube is better for marketing because it is under sponsored of Google and you could earn money from it if there are more views on our .video
.....but I actually like using Vimeo Pro for hosting my private and member's only videos that I use on my own Websites.
I have not ever used this on Vimeo before but from your recommendations, I will have a check for this.

simonto

Of course, I select Youtube. It's a biggest video platform also Google's son. So, as mentioned above Youtube has more advantages over Vimeo anyway.

VictorWelfred

YouTube is Google, so Google has always priority over on the search engines, if you advertise on both will be very effective.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads