Selling a domain name with or without content?

lkovnih226

What is your opinion, what should I do when selling a domain name with our without content? which is easy to offer domain name to buyers? Should I create with a small website on it or some landing pages and starting offers?

arindamb

What is your opinion, what should I do when selling a domain name with our without content? which is easy to offer domain name to buyers? Should I create with a small website on it or some landing pages and starting offers?
Both will work for you. If you can create a website with good content and traffic to it then its better to sell for more profit than selling a domain name without any content on it.

Of course, sometimes someone wanted to buy a fresh domain instead of buying a website.

LuxVM

Hello,

If you have a website and content on the domain you are more likely to get more money for it, providing you have traffic. But if you have a really decent short domain you may get a lot of money for it also, so combine that with a website/content and traffic you might be able to get a lot more for it.

Regards,
Adam

Shane Williams

If you own a decent domain name that is short, catchy, easy to remember and that has the extension .com then you have the choice of either leaving it as it is or adding relevant content and ranking those pages to increase its value.

Also keep in mind that a domains age increases the value of a domain with or without content. As for the best place to sell a domain name I would look at Flippa, Sedo or Godaddy Auctions.

fjk23

i think its up to your buyer because if they need that certain content that is already on the website you give it to them. But most people end up actually making and customizing their own site...

SenseiSteve

I'd recommend doing some research on Flippa to see what domains for currently selling for.

Ron Killian

For any one to buy anything, there needs to be a good reason, or something of value.

If it's just a domain, as Shane said, it would need to be a good name to be worth anything.

9 times out of 10 your going to get a much better priced if the domain is developed. Usually the more developed it is, the more it can be worth. Even better if it's earning money, it's worth even more.

newsdeals

I think it depends on what type of domain you have.

If you have a short domain with valuable words, maybe two meaning words, you could sell it for someone who want it for a lot of money.

But if you have a less valuable domain name, and you have ability to start a website, create contents and drive traffic to the website, then you can sell it for more money.

alexanderzx360

It really depends on the domain, if someone specifically is looking for the name you have, it wont really matter if you have your webpage developed at all or not, because he just wants the domain.

In other cases, if you have for example a big videogame webpage and someone wants to buy it, it's probably because he wants the whole thing, so in that case having already a website up and running, could earn you extra money.

My advice is that your websites have a direct relation with your domain name, so in that case gets more valuable for people who are interested in it.

Cheers!

Unknown

It's completely up to you. You can easily sell domains with or without any content. However, generally speaking, you will probably be able to get far higher prices for domains/websites that have some content and bit of traffic. My friend makes such websites then keeps selling them and he has a good income.

Regarding the domain's name, I would strive to try and get domains with a good extension and a short, catchy, memorable name. Perhaps try search around specific niches that are in high demand and see if you can get any that could be profitable.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views