How to access your PC Disk/Pen Drive/Printer on Windows VPS/RDP?

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
If you want to access your local PC hard disk/pen drive/printer on your Windows VPS/RDP then follow this tutorial.

Here is example:
access-disk.gif

How can I access plug n play device/pen drive/hard disk or printer on Remote PC/VPS?

Step 1: Open Remote Desktop Application and click on the "Option" and it will show full menu.
rdp-1.gif

Step 2: Click on the "Local Resources" tab and then click on the "More.." option.
rdp22.gif

Step 3: Now click on the "+" button to expand "Drives" list and select your drive or "plug n play" option you want to access on your Windows VPS/RDP Server then click on the "Ok" button.
rdp-final.gif

Step 4: Now click on the "connect" button, Accept warning and then you will be able to access your local PC disk on your Remote server. You can also use it for transferring file, Accessing CD/DVD or Pen Drive, Printer, etc.
rdp-connect.gif

Warning: If you have a sensitive data on your PC then do not use this or use at your own risk because of It maybe possible that your server is infected or hacker can access your files. Many peoples use it only for printing, etc.

:bash:

hoangvu

If you want to access your local PC hard disk/pen drive/printer on your Windows VPS/RDP then follow this tutorial.

Here is example:
View attachment 1306

Step 4: Now click on the "connect" button, Accept warning and then you will be able to access your local PC disk on your Remote server. You can also use it for transferring file, Accessing CD/DVD or Pen Drive, Printer, etc.
View attachment 1311
How to create F drive in the first image and it's possible to access your PC Disk/Pen Drive/Printer on Linux VPS? Or It is possible to remote Your VPS with remote program on Windows?

What are the next pictures after Step 4? :D

Sorry for this question because I have not used this way before but your post is awesome!

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
How to create F drive in the first image
I was post this as preview, When you connect your local drive with RDP/VPS then F drive will be automatically created. (F Drive = Your local disk drive)

it's possible to access your PC Disk/Pen Drive/Printer on Linux VPS?
Maybe possible but I did not use Linux VPS however RDP is also available for Linux server.(I never use RDP and always use SSH so I am not sure that you can do this with Linux)

What are the next pictures after Step 4? :D
After Step 4 you will get a warning like.
final-step.gif

and then "F drive"(A-Z Letter) will show in your Remote PC.
access-disk.gif

Thank you.

LowEndXeon

Great tutorial, find it annoying somethings when you have to upload an OS via WiFI, to get on an IPMI. This can help alot, thanks!

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
No need to say thanks, I am happy that I give my contribution to this forum.

Many user use similar feature for remote printing ;)

Server Trafficweb

Install USB Network Gate and start it. Find the required USB port/device in the “Local USB devices” tab and click “Share” next to it. Connect to the remote desktop via Remote Desktop Connection. Once you are done with the setup, click 'Finish

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.