Do you just focus on Google and then let Bing do its own thing?

ericplotz1

I just wonder whether there is anything SEO wise I should be doing for other search engines. Or is everything we do for Google enough for Bing?
Well if you want to Rank in both then yes what you do for Google should be fine for Bing and Bing will follow suit eventually. BUT, you can game the Bing SEs by adding tons of backlinks. But keep in mind if the backlinks are really bad/black hat and you get penalized in G, Bing will follow suit as well most of the time.

Shane Williams

Both Google and Bing have their own algorithms and so a web page result will differ in the search results on both Google and Bing with placements in the search engine results page (SERPS) being either higher or lower than that of the other.

That being said both search engines still aim to provide the best results to the user and although Bing may rank sites using different criteria than that of Google the same general rules apply across the board: Provide high quality original and relevant content and build high quality back links.

PTTed

Best answer
I just wonder whether there is anything SEO wise I should be doing for other search engines. Or is everything we do for Google enough for Bing?
If you focus on getting high quality contextual links from blogs, you will find they work very well for both Google and Bing. Bing actually credits social signals for ranking too. So get the page Tweeted and Shared on Facebook. If you want to rank in Google over the long run, then skip the spam. Bing is much more forgiving with spam than Google is in my experience.

And yes, for SEO, I typically forget about Bing. More times than not, if I am using contextual blog links, Bing will end up ranking my page number one before Google does. You still won't get much traffic from Bing though, at least not usually.

Elegant_Designs

I will usually focus on Google since the majority of users are there currently and usually if I do well on Google in terms of ranking, I will be doing well on Yahoo/Bing too. Still, whether which SE gives the best result, only you can decide. You can try paying for Bing Ads and Google Ads to see which one converts well for you.

TracyMoon

I totally forgot Bing. I've started a site in this month and try to build link in Google only. What should we do with Bing? DOes provide Search console enough?

Website Design Ltd

These things will usually go hand in hand. Although we don't focus on Bing as a secondary platform as we're a Google Partner we still find that, from an SEO perspective, what we do for Google often winds up being mirrored on Bing as well.

markbatham

As per my experience doing the same things for Google is not much result oriented on Bing.
I've few search terms ranking well in google (even on 2nd page) but in Bing it is showing on 7th page of its search result by respective keyword.

May be there should be some different work strategy required.
Even the crawl rate of bing is much slower & lesser than Google.

Do any body have proven strategy for bing?

davebusiness86s

Bing algorithm is definitely different from Google algorithm. And Google algorithm changes all the time so it's not weird that the page ranking has the difference.
Honestly I don't know if there's a Bing expert rather than Microsoft's engineer. I've a lot of SEO expert but no one has experience with Bing. Google's traffic is so big compare to Bing's

Riviera

More google search users than Bing's. That's is likely default at the moment. I almost focus on Google but Bing sometimes. When the rank on Google reach page 1, the SERP of Bing is like the same.

EnricTellez

Focus more on google, bing ranks almost the same as google. If you rank good on google you also rank good on bing, because bing mostly looks at the same things as google does. Or at least it tries to do so.
Ofcourse there are some differences but it's not worth looking in to, you'll find they are more the same than you'd think.

Last edited:

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
I think this is not quite true because I am getting good rankings on Google but for those keywords, they were on page #2 or page #3 of Google search results. They are not same results and Bing is focus on how many links your site has, while Google pays more attentions on number of quality backlinks and content.

sree31

You can focus on Google because:
1. Google has more search traffic
2. There is a huge online community to help you in case you face issues or have questions. Not many people know about Bing SEO. This will save you a lot of time.
3. In case you have video content, you can also use google seo tricks to rank well on Youtube

If you're already getting high-quality traffic from Bing, then you can focus on it, else you can go with Google.

theprb

My experience is that even on things we crush on Google, like rank 1-3 terms, we rarely have the same success in Bing. The sites I see holding these spots in Bing are typically older sites. Sites that practiced old school SEO tactics that are now considered spammy. As such, I also believe that Bing is much more forgiving of tons of spammy backlinks, and perhaps even still positively weights them where as Google does not.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.