Is content the only king?

Logan

Hi, I'm trying to boost my sites ranks in USA. I Just wanted to know if there are other methods that are effective to boost SEO rank.

jessica12

Content is king and other techniques are king's supporters so don;t avoid necessary techniques to increase ranking.Only content can;t provide you ranking so focus other techniques of seo.

nesito29

As SEO just pointed out, content on its own is worthless, you need backlinks. My advice is as follows create amazing content that people would want to link to and leverage that content to get some backlinks.

Content is king, but engagement is queen and she rules the house.
If I'm not mistaken Rebekah Radice is the one who said that and I couldn't agree more, if your content is not driving engagement then is not doing its job and it's worthless.

Getting backlinks, social media shares, driving people to comment, etc. is something your content should be doing.

Shane Williams

Content is still king but not just any content, it has to be fresh and different to the content on all the other sites. You can push out content 24/7 but if it’s not good it wont be discovered and shared and you wont grow a fan base of regular and new visitor. But remember that if “QUALITY CONTENT IS KING” then “BACK-LINKS ARE QUEEN” and it’s quality over quantity.

kavinsac

Content is the king but back-link is the backbone of king...

I hope you understand...

cwvps1

Relevant and useful content along with engagement, commenting and showing that you care about your content and other people's content by leaving genuine comments.

ankitatashlar

only links or quality links , and yes how to make "quality back links" because most of the traditional methods of back link creation i.e. directory, SBM, blog, article and blog commenting are not considered as quality back links

AbeloHost

One doesn't go without the other. Although backlinks is crucial for ranking, prioritizing it over content isn't the mindset that you should adopt. Eventually positive user experience comes down to the quality of your content.

PTTed

Content is the most important thing to a point. Your content has to be good enough (at least reasonably good) or else nothing else matters over the long run.

If content didn't matter, then the SERPS for the highest value keywords would be clogged up with monetized splogs and autoblogs and other worthless spam.

If your content is good enough, then other things increase in importance, like links and/or your ability to promote a page/website effectively.

You can get a worthless spam page to rank first position on Google (for a valuable keyword) for a while, but not over the long run.

If your content is "good enough", you can get a page to rank first position on Google (for a valuable keyword) for years and years.

popwin1

1.Original content
2. Good SEO
3. Exposure on forums,blogs,etc.
4. Get some people writing about your website
5. Get your website's users happy.

I've let the 5th one the last because it's the most important . You need to have active users for your website .After this,growing it's just a matter of time.

Best of luck .

AndiLim

Quality content and backlinks this is what you need if you really want to drive traffic on your website and the same time rank on search engine result. Good content is important you need to build credibility for your readers, while backlinks will help in making your website more visible to your target readers.

vishwa

You have to do both simultaneously. That means you have create quality content and also have to create quality backlinks as well. However If your content is good, people don't hesitate to link back to your site and also share it on their social networking sites.

NishaSahaay

Google is giving more importance to unique and attractive content. It will be much more better if you have good coordination between content, on page SEO, off page SEO, and social media.

dafthost

Content is king and other techniques are king's supporters so don;t avoid necessary techniques to increase ranking.Only content can;t provide you ranking so focus other techniques of seo.

SEOPub

Google is giving more importance to unique and attractive content. It will be much more better if you have good coordination between content, on page SEO, off page SEO, and social media.
This content is king thing is a fantasy. Stop listening to Neil and his Moz buddies. Backlinks are the #1 ranking factor. Content's importance is not even close to backlinks in the ranking algorithm. You can see this again and again in the SERPs.

There are tons of examples of webpages ranking really well with very little and questionable content.

Here is an example for a fairly competitive one-word keyword I have used multiple times to point this out.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=pregnancy

Search the word "pregnancy", and pregnancy.com is ranking #1. There is no article on that page. It's ranking just fine. Heck, the page is basically just a collection of links for BabyCenter.com. Nothing more.

There are tons of examples like this.

sharplesson

Hi,
Simply work on:

* Quality and interest of the content
* On-page seo
* Off-page seo.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.