Good Directory Criteria

Logan

Directories are working these days? what are the criteria for good directory?

Shane Williams

The 2 main reasons for being listed in web a directory is increased exposure and back link building. When looking for directories to submit a site to I would consider directories that had good Domain Authority and Page Rank.

Keep in mind that most reputable directories are usually human edited, have not been spammed to death and thus harder to get accepted into. Many directories just dont add any SEO benefits but one directory that is worth submitting to is dmoz.org.

Before submitting a site I would make sure that the domain was at least 2 months old and had some quality content on it and then submit your site to the category in the directory related to your niche and wait for approval which can take anywhere from days to months depending on the directory.

SEOPub

I really would not worry about PageRank or Domain Authority. DA is highly inaccurate and PR has not been publicly updated in just about 2 years now.

I would look for moderated directories. Anything that is auto-approve I would avoid.

I prefer paid directories. Spammers and crappy IM'ers are too cheap to pay for listings, so it keeps most of the junk out.

seoking

Think to do, why they provide free links (auto approve)!!! I prefer paid directories, and I prefer too another web directory like viesearch.com (reciprocal, free listing and paid).

Crowd_Town

I just had the same question some weeks ago. I found a lot of directories via Google, but a lot of them were very old and not updated for ages. So as in addition to said above I would recommend you to pay attention to this point.

SIG

Paid directories work well. But you need to choose the ones which will help your SEO.

Maybe a few free directories are good. Again, need to check every detail of every one.

popwin1

It could work perfectly . But you would need a plan to get ahead of the competition. One of the thing would be reaching both clients and people to contact your clients using your directory . This takes a lot of time . After you have proofs that your directory work - you're on the right track to build a succesful bussiness out of it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views