Does Blog Post Timing Matter?

Shutout

For example, if I post an article Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and then nothing else for the rest of the week... is that worse or better than posting an article Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

I was thinking of doing 4 posts a month.... spreading them out every week... or should I just post them ass I finish, to get them out in the public sooner?

Shane Williams

If the question is about blog post timing then I guess it depends on the niche you’re in but I would suggest posting between 9 and 11am to get the most eyeballs on a new post but again this will depend on the niche. If you’re not sure about the best posting time or day then you could use an analytical tool like visitstat.com to discover what time and what days your site receives the highest number of page views and then post at these times on and those days.

As for the number of posts you post to you're blog each day/week or month then the more the better as long as they high quality post that offer value. This will help keep you're content fresh and keep visitors returning.

Shutout

I should have specified, I meant specifically for Search Engines. A lot of my traffic is from Search Engines. So I imagine the more quality content the better, and that time or date doesn't matter as long as it is there (and high quality)?

SIG

I'll tell you a trick. Go to Google Analytics, see from which countries your visitors come and visit your site. Depending you the top 3 countries (I personally target USA) post at appropriate hours when people are not working, let's say: 8 AM - 9 AM then 5 PM - 7 PM.

If your running a blog, then it's not enough to add 4 post per month on your blog. I would write articles and post at least 4-5 times per week.

PTTed

For example, if I post an article Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and then nothing else for the rest of the week... is that worse or better than posting an article Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

I was thinking of doing 4 posts a month.... spreading them out every week... or should I just post them ass I finish, to get them out in the public sooner?
If your blog has evergreen content on it and you are focused on getting traffic from search engines, then it doesn't matter all that much what time you post. Don't overthink it.

If your blog has time sensitive content on it, like you are talking about current events or news or something along those lines, then posting ASAP is the thing I would do.

If you are trying to build an audience of regular readers of your blog where you get people to come back every week for your new blog post, then you want to publish the same day of the week and as close to the same time as possible so that those readers can find new content at the exact same time every week. You want your blog visit to become part of their standard routine that they do every Monday or every Tuesday or every (pick a day). But that is only if you are trying to attract regular readers.

Shutout

Shutout
Yes, this... the material isn't time sensitive, I just want to get more content out there with the right keywords to help search engines lead viewers to my site. The blog is more of a supplement and not the main purpose of the site.

PTTed

PTTed
Well then, if the material isn't time sensitive at all, then it doesn't matter when you post it. Just post it and make sure it gets indexed. If you want it to rank high, then make sure you send it some links with a little bit of link juice. And don't forget to use the PageRank contained within your own website to point links at the pages you want to rank higher.

ericplotz1

The way you are talking about it, no.

But frequency of publish is something that matters in SEO. In other words Google (in my tests) is showing more value to frequent and scheduled content, then it is sporadic content.

PTTed

PTTed
What do you mean by "more value"? The only thing I have ever seen is faster indexing of new pages on a site that is updated at regular intervals. (More frequent bot visits) What are you seeing?

vishwa

It doesn't matter how frequent you post articles on your blog. The fact is the quality of your article. How relevant it is to your users? Creating a quality and informative post is very important while you blog online.

NishaSahaay

Timing does' matter, but I think the day matters. If anyone notifies that you updates your blog on the first day of the week. He will definitely visit your website for some new stuff.

popwin1

90% depends on your niche .

Do a market study and see how many visitors search for your article keywords on google in the last month and see how many found you by searching those . Now calculate how much of the market you own .
Now you must think of how to improve it . One way is finding people who're gonna promote your blog - or you can do this by yourself and keep posting quality content . I would rather read a quality article than a daily one with a few things that could gain my interest .

Also ,if you manage to gain some money out of it , invest them back . Buy someone who can marketize the blog / post content so you would have more free time .

Nancy G

Timing of posting your blog depends on the market and type of blogs you are doing. Like if your blogs deal with current events, news or trending topics. The sooner you get the articles out the better due to its newsworthiness. Timing here is essential as it is “hot” topic, time sensitive. Coming in a bit too late loses its value, quality and can just be regarded as jumping on the bandwagon unless regarded as “totally different” from what were already published.

For most blogs, the quality of content is deemed more important rather than frequency of posting but done on a regular duration. If you publish your posts once a week, your followers will be expecting to read new posts weekly. If you can produce once a day, you are expected to at least post once a day on a regular basis. Here timing is best usually during daytime 9a.m.-5p.m. when most people are already awake either at work, in school or at home.

There is actually no standard practice for scheduling posting of your blogs. It depends on many factors and vary from blogger, the publisher and the reader. Just continue to delight your readers with your relevant interesting topics and sustain this momentum by providing them , if possible, proper expectations on release of new articles.

Crist

Making more blog and articles will have advantages and disadvantages. Advantages will be; people will enjoy reading newly articles everyday. More people that enjoyed reading, the higher they will always come back. It will also easily get crowd's attentions and high possibility of being a known person in this industry. Disadvantage will be some of this will loose its quality that might affect your credibility as a writer.
Setting your limit might help you for this. Giving yourself time to think, ask yourself how many I can do a week?, and aim for a goal. Do not loose quality and educational content of your article, no matter how many you can make is not an issue if you focus on that.

Jim15

I think it is the users that visits your blog that can make the final decision for you. They are your customer and you are the owner. But for me, you need to make a pattern on posting like every mondays and thursdays.

Website Design Ltd

I would recommend using trial & error as much as you can here. Put out as many as you can to start off with, and track users responses using analytics. Find out what time/day you pull in the majority share of the traffic on your blogs and try piecing your strategy around those times. Once you have a strong enough following and you've chosen a particular day (based on your own findings), then you can begin promoting the release schedules of your blogs.

edwardkenway

Timing is a great factor about posting content, better timing is when audience are remain online more, this is he best time. Everyday post is good but quality is a fact, better focus on quality than quantity, suppose you post everyday but content title and body has no relevance then it wont work however it should be. Again suppose you post quality content but quantity is very low then it wont work.

This is a nice idea spread your content in different sites, by this way your content can be introduced in a various way. Quality and quantity should be balanced then it will get a nice track.

DanielN

Google heavily favors posts that are regular. For example, I have a blog that had no new content added for like 6 months now and because of that, it gets virtually no traffic.
On the other hand, a have a much smaller blog but because I make a post every week it gets more traffic.
Regularity only matters on the timescale of weeks not days.

paul1129

Blog posting time gap may effect you audience. Say, if you are posting now regularly but after sometime you start delaying than they will be disappointed. But that doesn't mean Google cares about that stuff. You can post whenever you want.

And also as mentioned earlier if you have evergreen content in your site already than it won't matter how frequently you post. Google will send you traffic anyway.

linconcley

Good content doesn't consider time. Post any time whenever you want, If you can complete all the thing in short time then you can do post. But timing some times works when audience are more on online this time is ideal for posting content because of at that time audience can see the post instantly. At this point if audiences have questions they can do that instantly.

So sometime timing works great for posting content.

Sans_stokes

Undoubtedly , good content is the most important aspect which has it's effect on the blog and the number of persons approaching it . But yes , definitely the timing of posting the blog is also a very important . The timing at which the blog is posted plays an important role when it comes to increasing the view counts and also in increasing the traffic or the number of persons visiting that blog at that time. Usually , the timing which is best suitable for posting the blog is either in the night or at the time of holidays so that a large number of people visit that blog .

WhyBother

What you need to do is to analyze your audience, understand when it is active and then experiment with the time of your postings. Since from my experience there is no perfect day or time for everybody.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.