What are your preferred payment methods and why?

LuxVM

Hello all,

I was just wondering what are your preferred payment methods? I personally have quite a few to attract a wider audience aswell as have other means of payments. The ones i currently use are:

BitPay, PayPal, Stripe, Perfect Money and Payza. I am also currently looking into GoCardless which seems very interesting

What about you guys and girls?

Regards,
Adam

arindamb

I use Paypal for all the time to pay for web hosting, domain, wordpress templates, ebooks and CD courses. I don't know why, although I know it charge high transfer fee but maybe it's more convenient for online payment.

Shane Williams

I use PayPal due to brand and name recognition. It’s the most popular online payment service and people know and trust it and consider it secure. It’s easy to set up and transactions can be viewed with a single click.

I know of Google Checkout but I’m not familiar with BitPay, Stripe, Perfect Money or Payze but as a buyer/seller besides the transfer fees I cant think of a better alternative to Paypal.

Hometutor

Cash actually,

Otherwise PayPal. They have good customer support as opposed to 10 years ago. I accept credit cards when I make housecalls for my computer business and have used both PayPal Triangle and The Square. I find the square easier to swipe and it takes about two days to get the money into my bank. PayPal Triangle sends the money directly into my PayPal account.

PayPal has a nice subscription service. If you pay a service fee of $20.00 per month your client does not have to have a PayPal account to subscribe to your service. This includes remote services unlike 2CheckOut which has made them against their policy. The $20.00 service fee is only for subscriptions without pp accounts. Otherwise they just take a percentage.

Rick

Erklar

Hi.
I prefer paypal. It is very popular and widely. PayPal perks include accepting checks through a smartphone’s camera, a card swiper, and allowing customers to make a purchase without leaving your site.

Cash is good to but i like more paypal.

m3server

We accept Credit Cards, PayPal, Paxum, Bitcoins, Wire Transfers and old school checks once a client is established with us.

Plus I am always looking at new payment method requests by potential clients. In todays world it is best to do your best to accomodate potential clients.

kendra_coin

It would depend on your use case and development experience a bit. Overall I would suggest, Braintree, Paypal and CoinTent (in reverse order of how much dev experience you need to set them up).

CoinTent is fairly priced and easy to set up. It’s ideal if you are planning on setting up recurring subscriptions or many small transactions. It doesnt take users off your site either. However, it doesnt support buying physical goods.

Paypal is also easy to set up and is obviously recognizable to most potential customers, but their customer service can be problematic and they are too quick to freeze your account/withhold your funds if they suspect any fraud.

If you are a developer, Braintree is great and allows for complete control over integration.

djone

I just believe in PayPal. It is most reputed payment methods. I want to say that PayPal is the Steve Jobs of all payment methods.

ulterios

I have always preferred Paypal. I have used it since it first came around and have used it ever since then. I've never had any issues with them, which is a plus.

There's also that fact that's mentioned above, Paypal is a highly recognizable name and people like to use things that they are familiar with.

Plus I have their debit card so I can use it to withdraw money, pay bills or buy things with locally.

softnwords

Though Paypal is very old payment processor but they are not user friendly to set up various payment buttons.I think payza is very nice and easy to implement in any website.Its very simple and quick.It also has no restrictions in any coutries

UVM

Paypal is pretty sh!t and very expensive but i love it:hug:

Princeofheart

I know that most people prefer paypal. But the BIGGEST problem with paypal is that it is not available in all the countries. This makes paypal one of the most disgusting sh!t in the world of payment processors. People are so blinded by paypal that they forget that other payment processors are also good and even much more better than paypal. Payment processors like Skrill, Payza, payonner are also one of the best payment processors out there.

RDPNation

Paypal is nice because of it's versatility, almost every site has paypal as an payment option in most countries.

Princeofheart

Princeofheart
The main problem is not that every website has paypal as their payment option, but the main problem is that most websites believe that paypal is the only option they have when it comes to payment processor. There are many other payment processors like Skrill, Payoneer, payza, etc that are even much better and even more flexible than paypal. They are even available in those countries where paypal does not provide its services. This is the BIGGEST reason why I hate paypal so much.

Ron Killian

Hello all,

I was just wondering what are your preferred payment methods? I personally have quite a few to attract a wider audience aswell as have other means of payments. The ones i currently use are:

BitPay, PayPal, Stripe, Perfect Money and Payza. I am also currently looking into GoCardless which seems very interesting

What about you guys and girls?

Regards,
Adam
Course it can also depend on who your customers/buyers are.

I've only used Pay Pal. I know I might be missing out, but it's what most of my customers have. Also partially because as Shane said, it's a trusted brand. Gotta love the atm card too.

Tried Google Checkout a few years ago and a disaster. Tried it with two sales and a week later they say the sales were no good. A week! The "buyer" already got the stuff, was digital. Maybe they've changed sine then. I thought I heard that they don't even have phone support? That's a deal breaker right there.

Don't know enough or understand enough about bitcoin to try it.

The main problem is not that every website has paypal as their payment option, but the main problem is that most websites believe that paypal is the only option they have when it comes to payment processor. There are many other payment processors like Skrill, Payoneer, payza, etc that are even much better and even more flexible than paypal. They are even available in those countries where paypal does not provide its services. This is the BIGGEST reason why I hate paypal so much.
I have to disagree. Doubt it's not that all or even most site owners think it's the only option, more that it is usually the best option. Best of the bunch. Not perfect, but nothing is one-size-fits-all. Not to mention other processors can charge more for their services, more difficult to get your funds, and even minimums for withdraw.

You ever stop to think there might be VERY good reasons pay pal doesn't provide services for certain countries?

You can hate on PP all you want, but I am guessing they have very good reasons to exclude some countries and I would probably do the same if I was them. Not like they are the only ones who don't want "problem" counties.

This makes paypal one of the most disgusting sh!t in the world of payment processors.
If they are so disgusting, why are they one of the biggest, if not the biggest processor on the net? Not trying to argue, but asking.

Princeofheart

If I may guess he probably lives in one of those unfortunate countries so inundated by international crime that PayPal will not conduct business with them. 2Checkout or google Wallet may be good replacements if that is the case.

Rick
Well, the thing is that international crimes and cyber crimes are also very prevalent where paypal is available. Just because you live in a paypal supported country, that doesn't mean that you are 100% protected from cyber crimes and scams. Other payment processors also conduct online business in countries where paypal is not supported and they are not that stupid as paypal is.

If they are so disgusting, why are they one of the biggest, if not the biggest processor on the net? Not trying to argue, but asking.
Now I am not arguing whether they are the biggest payment processors or not. Paypal is available in many countries of the world. However, it is just unavailable in some African and Asian countries. Just because it is unavailable in some countries, that doesn't mean that it can't be successful.

velvet

Hi LuxVM,

I am using zaxaa.com. It is a complete shopping cart solution.

I first purchased their membership site and found it a very solid piece of kit.

They offer great support, and their interface, pages, buttons all look good.

They have affiliate support and a variety of features.

Worth a look I guess.

cheers, Mal.

Last edited:

Hawker

Well I'd prefer to be paid in cash as there are no fees like there are receiving payments with Paypal and most payment processors.

Also cash is non-taxable as well.

Either that or in beer. :drink2:

Another good "alternative" to Paypal is Xoom.com

I've used that a few times to receive money, it goes straight into your bank.

PayPal just purchased Xoom though though for $890 million.

The other alternative is Stripe.com or BrainTree, they but will probably get sold out to them just the same.

It's a dog-eat-dog world and PayPal are the Rottweilers of them all.

samimnoorzaitgc

Often PayPal & rarely Credit Cards. PayPal makes payments easier, it's almost everywhere on every site to make payments with, and there are sometimes that PayPal can't make the work, so I'll use Credit Cards then.

squeeze

i preferred paypal and payoneer when it comes in online transaction this two is more easiest and fastest way

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.