How do you know when your server is down?

arindamb

You can not view your site all the day to see it when it is down by your hosting/server issue. Do you guys here using any free or paid services like Pingdom or something else to monitor your server uptime/downtime?
Just curious what tools do you use to get instant updates on the status of your server? How do you deal with this situation?

LuxVM

You can not view your site all the day to see it when it is down by your hosting/server issue. Do you guys here using any free or paid services like Pingdom or something else to monitor your server uptime/downtime?
Just curious what tools do you use to get instant updates on the status of your server? How do you deal with this situation?

Hello arindamb,

We personally use StatusCake which can monitor almost anything, you can monitor: HTTP/HTTPS, TCP, ICMP, DNS, SMTP and PUSH. They have both Free and Paid plans and i have been using them for a few years now, very handy.

Here is there website: https://www.statuscake.com

Regards,
Adam

ElixantTechnology

Hey,

Another option would be https://hetrixtools.com/; we currently utilize their Blacklist & Uptime monitoring tools... Pretty good so far; first decent company I found that is capable of watching all of our subnets.

ulterios

ulterios
Wow, I didn't know about them and they seem pretty good. The free account lets you monitor up to 5 websites, where many just allow 1 or 2 on free plans.

Thanks for the information.

tarunap

You can try cloudstats, [URLnofo]https://cloudstats.me/[/URLnofo] which monitors the uptime and send the details.

jason

You could use Nagios, or PRTG Network Monitor, both can be configured to send you emails, if your server is down

SenseiSteve

Panopta, AlertSite (SmartBear), Hyperspin, Site Uptime, Alertra and Binary Canary are some other services that are available to monitor your website.

hostslim

You can use the tools from pingdom as well.

clickcloudit

Try [URLnofo]https://nodequery.com[/URLnofo], so far it hasn't fail and pretty much give basic details you need most of the time, if server overloads or goes down you will get an email, up to 10 servers free super easy to install on any server / vps

simoncuper

First of all your site won't act right or won't load at all, try googling for better tools, don't go for the one that only tracks traffic.

shiju

we are using pingdom for tracking all the server activities. Somehow the downtimes can be measure by means of HTTPS socket check and give you an instant notification to your mail.

Jackleo7878

Simple way to Check if Your Website is Down
  1. Visit Website Planet.
  2. Fill in your website address (URL) on the field and press the Check button.
  3. Website Planet will show whether your website is online or not.

Dreamwebhosts

You can check server downtime by using the below command:

$ uptime

For website monitor, you can use this uptime robot applicate it absolutely free of cost.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Agree with @digitalbs, I checked my website iwth uptime robot to check if my server is down or not. It will show your website on diffident locations with online/offline status on each one.

qbeststar

you can use some servers like uptimerobot, he will send sms when your website offline.

RenderedElite

There are free services for this, as well as some paid options. Just sign up for one and most will send you email or text notifications when your site is down.

I have a WordPress site right now where I just set up JetPack and it tells me when my site is down and how long it was down for. Usually, it's only down for a brief moment. I do find the notifications to be useful though.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.