Email Marketing vs. Content Marketing?

arindamb

I'd like to know which will give me better traffic to my site, email marketing or content marketing?

and why? Thanks

aceofadsense

I'd like to know which will give me better traffic to my site, email marketing or content marketing?

and why? Thanks
I have not tried content marketing for my site but it works for email marketing since I send out emails to the list.

I think email marketing is working better than content marketing because it gives you direct traffic but for SEO rankings or the benefits in long term, maybe content marketing works better.

mmninja

Well, email marketing works as long as you have a great list to send emails to. So, if you're just starting out then you have to do the work to create that list. You can do that through social media or forums like this one.

Content marketing also takes work because you're creating the content but then you have to get that content out in front of people. That means blogging, social media, SEO (search engine optimization) and of course, you can even use email marketing to spread the word.

At the end of the day, you really kinda need both. At least in my humble opinion.

Princety

I believe you need both. My other question is, which method do I start? It depends on your time and resources. You need a list to do email marketing, to make it work, you need to establish your audience and subscribers, if you're into it, then it will be best to start paying for traffic to build a list to save your time. On the other hand, your contents will drive you traffic, investing time and effort to produce quality content will get you a position, all the way to being looked up as an expert, perhaps.

Content marketing, as far as I know needs a little bit of SEO support, you want to attract organic traffic to your creations, but the advantage here is, it drives you consistent traffic for months or even years to come, while in email marketing, you need to produce and increase that list every single day to make it work, But again, it saves you time in creating contents, you just send that email and tweak a little bit to increase your open and click rates. Hope this helps :icon_rock:

Alex the Lion

I see content marketing as a method of generating traffic and providing solutions to your audience, while email marketing is for creating a lasting and deep connection with your audience. Ideally, you want a combination of the two, with content marketing providing solutions and traffic and email marketing providing additional exclusive value and the ability to create a stronger relationship with your audience.

shivanshis4

You need both. Content marketing for taking new visitors to your site through search engines while Email marketing to hold them as your regular visitors.

Elisabeth Kuhn

I'm with those who said you need both! They're both part of the general marketing process, but they play different roles.

Content marketing helps with SEO, with attracting visitors to your site, AND with establishing you as an authority on your subject, which absolutely helps with bringing new prospects into your funnel, prospects that are positively disposed towards you before they even "meet" you.

Email marketing is what you do to nurture your relationship with your list by sharing valuable content, some personal stuff, and recommendations for products that your list might find helpful. Oh, and you can also send them to your blog on a regular basis, i.e., when you have published a new article, and ask them to leave comments in the discussion area.

Since even the best email lists have some amount of attrition, you have to keep growing your list, and that means, get your content out there to attract people to your squeeze pages and your blog (and Facebook page) etc.

So basically, both are necessary, and they work very well together if you do it right...

Cassandra Ashley

You need both to get traffic to your website.

Email marketing is a great tool. Email marketing, when done in the right manner, can result in a considerable uptick in traffic. Email marketing has the highest ROI of all marketing channels, making it the perfect channel to convert subscribers into paying customers.

Whereas Content marketing is the practice of creating content that targets your businesses audience and drives traffic to your site. SEO and content marketing usually go hand in hand.

Check out, Infographic – Development of a Successful Content Marketing Project from HiP B2B Blog.

kim16

I guess email marketing is a direct approach. This is used most probably if you already have an email list. Otherwise, content marketing is your option.

grubble

I also agree that it's best to practice both alongside each other, especially because they're not mutually exclusive. That is, content marketing can supplement your email marketing efforts very effectively, and vice versa. For instance, the blog content you produce for content marketing purposes makes really useful material for your mailing list.

vishwa

Both are good. You can do both simultaneously. Content marketing helps you to build your authority online. While email marketing helps you to generate conversions with your content. I have see many bloggers doing both at the same time. It is highly useful. I am personally doing it.

joe

Both are actually great for driving traffic. Content marketing works all the time, but not email. Here's why.

The thing is it depends on whom you want to target. If your target audience is mostly teenagers, then forget about email marketing, they barely know what email is for to begin with.

However, if your target audience is working people, there is a good chance they check their inbox every day and email marketing would work with them as well.

There is a lot to it but you get the idea.

schttrj

and why? Thanks
Of course, email marketing is the BEST source of traffic, no doubt.

However, to create a well-targeted and responsive email list, you have to indulge heavily in content marketing.

You have to provide your prospects value to entice them to join your enewsletter and then, you have to go on generatung valuable content to maintain their responsiveness.

You can't really bypass the Content Marketing monster.

jaymish

I'd go for content marketing. Email marketing, in my opinion, is best when you already have an established client base and you are reselling them new products or your old products. Content marketing works best when you're looking for new products as you can use your brilliant and useful content to attract new clients.

Whatever method you decide to use, always remember to have good content, in my opinion, this is what keeps attracting people to your website and hopefully your products

Nancy G

For me content marketing is what drives visitors to your website and achieve SEO. Contents without relevant substance will never achieve the desired result you are aiming to your target market. The inquiries generated are gathered as leads and form part of the email list where you can personalize the approach in the hope of generating prospective buyesr and customers in the end.

Content marketing has longer reach and long term results. It can be shared to different social media sites and can run for a specific period time, just needing regular updating. Email marketing is specific to a person and good till the person remembers or if not, left as spam or unread. Follow-up efforts are required especially for those tagged as potential buyers.

Both are essential tools and complement each other.

sweetpot81

Actually I like both the only difference that I can see is sending e-mails has more personal connection, sincerity to clients. It's something special that when customer receives they may feel important. Content writing is applicable to blogging and social media that's base on my understanding. The advantage of this is everyone can see especially when you tag to your friends. Having a blos site is way more better that you can discuss it thoroughly with pictures and graphics. So maybe depending on your product as well .

Contentmachine007

I have been working as an SEO expert for over 3 years and in my experience both have their own advantages. However, I have seen that "content is king" is one of the most relevant things. In other words, you need to have good content if you want traffic. Be it email marketing or content marketing, you need to make sure there is flawless content in terms of grammar, flow, keywords, interesting information and basically everything that would hook your readers.

Constar442

I think content marketing will be more effective. Because it is more detailed and easy to understand. You can also videos with your content. Unlike in email which is very limited

gracadedues

What kind of traffic do you want to your website? Is it so they can read your content or do you want to make sales? Newsletters are dead. People are interested in a relationship and experiencing engagement. Long term good content will get you traffic from Google but you cannot control that. When you build a good email list you can send the traffic with a specific outcome in mind whenever you want. The key is to build authentic relationship with your audience and teach them to respond when you send emails. Create specific expectations so that they engage with you.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.