Blogspot or Wordpress for SEO benefit?

epicstate

I am going to build some blogs for SEO keyword rankings and I chose Blogspot and Wordpress as two main blog platforms to start but I could estimate SEO benefit from them, which one is better for SEO?
and I should add keyword into sub domain there?

Please suggest your advice

vishwa

Both are good. But I am preferring WordPress over the blogspot. You can do more with WordPress.

Shane Williams

I would stick with WP any day of the week, it’s more customizable with themes and plugins, it looks more professional and you have ownership and control over the content.

So I would advise you to self host and have full control over your intellectual property or else risk having your hard work wiped out over night when Google decides to terminate or disable your account without warning. If you want long term benefits and future security then WP is a no-brainer.

Miguelito203

I used to use Blogspot back when I didn't know what I was doing - ha. Wordpress has a lot more functionality to it. Tons of themes, plugins (for S.E.O. and beyond - like the all-in-one seo pack), everything you could possibly want. Also, since it's so popular, stuff gets updated on a regular basis (helps to prevent stuff from being hacked). Wordpress has just become the preferred platform, the standard in the industry.

Joey

Sandra

You are using them to re-post your content, or as your main blog? If it is as main blog, any will do. If it is for re-posting, use both.

sameer321654

I prefer blogspot because it is the property of google and it probably gives more preference to it's own property in the terms of ranking. May be I am wrong but I have always got good ranking using blogspot. Many times my free wordpress blog has been removed but blogspot blog remains there. You can also make your blogspot blog look pretty good, seo optimized and ads friendly by using free templates.

I am using it and loving it.

Regards,
sam

AdaniPharma

I prefer wordpress as it gives many plugin for seo and customize option. It will help to organize the content in proper manner which user like to read.

wmguides

Wordpress and blogspot both perform well in search engines. I prefer blogspot because it is very easy to use and if you want to build an article based site which contains very small image files then it is fine, and if your site will be having large image files or other files then wordpress is better. Because blogspot has a limited space for pictures & files.

Last edited:
Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.