How to get traffic from Facebook without using Facebook ads?

Emilio

Can you share any tips on how to get traffic from Facebook without using Facebook ads?
I tried FB ads but it is not effective for me and I am thinking about ways to promote my site with free methods
As I researched then it is giving better traffic if we share funny images/videos, that gave better clicks to website, right? Any tips?

elcidofaguy

As I researched then it is giving better traffic if we share funny images/videos, that gave better clicks to website, right? Any tips?
These are the type of posts you should be placing for your ads as well as optin landing pages for giving out free stuff... As you can see on your FB wall its these type of "sponsored posts" which get the most shares, likes and interaction/comments from people... Forget selling stuff directly it just doesn't work on FB....

If you are looking to do it for free... then its not as easy... I would join various groups on FB, interact, add value and then post such things... In addition you could try jumping on the back of sponsored posts with commenting on them with your post...

FB has made it much harder these days for marketers as they obviously want you to advertise with them... For example when you put a new post out only around 10-15% of the likes will see that post on their walls and if their share etc then it has a chance to go viral... Better to place the ad in order to get it kick started...

Adam Yunker

Hey there,

Truthfully, the best advice I can give you is to build a following by using an email list.. so create a squeeze page with a free product to give them that entices them to join your newsletter and build your list that way.

Then once you have a big and active email list then create the social media page and you'll get a rush of people to join right away. Make them a community not just a page. Have them interact with each other which will help the word spread about your page that will get you free likes without you having to do paid advertising this way. When it builds momentum just here and there promote them to share the page with their friends and get more followers that way.

Hope this was helpful :)

It's the best way in my opinion at least..

Take care, Adam

vishwa

Facebook can be very useful in terms of driving traffic to your site. I personally use it to drive traffic to my blog. Create a Facebook Fan page and update it with regular contents and linkback to your site/blog.

dgmindia

Can you share any tips on how to get traffic from Facebook without using Facebook ads?
I tried FB ads but it is not effective for me and I am thinking about ways to promote my site with free methods
Alright Emilio :), Based on your category, You can post several images, Infographics, short videos and post it accordingly. Have some crisp short and quality content, share some useful post. Create a quirky tricky quiz to have a chance to interact with followers and enjoy the post. Thank you. :thumb:

Equady

Try making comments with on other Pages with your Page not with your profile, this should attract others if you've something worthwhile to say!

Facebook Groups is another great way to attract new followers, and again you've to put the effort and dedication in it, rarely if ever you'll get what you want for free. Think it through.

Last edited:

HCFGrizzly

It depends on what kind of website do you have. If you have a website like 9gag, then sure, funny posts are the way to go. But what will you do if you have a law firm? How can you post funny images on that kind of page?
The key is to know how to target your audience, and the best way to do this with Facebook is to use targeted ads, but you already said that you tried the ads and they didn`t work for you. (maybe you don`t know how to target your audience? just a guess).
A free alternative would be to find groups related to your niche and start posting there. It won`t give you the targeted audience that you will get from ads, but this method works and it`s free.

rfharris

The most effective way to promote your products/services/websites on facebook without ads is by participating in different facebook groups. There are thousands of facebook groups available on various niche and when you shared your products/services/website on related niche groups, you are surely gonna get some exposure.

MeowNinja

Honestly, just like anything, without ads, it's going to come down to engagement. Create engaging posts, respond to people's ?s in niche related groups, make a name for yourself kind of thing. It's pretty much "building authority" and sooner rather than later, you'll start gathering traction. It does take hard work and some time though :)

wizardly

Look some very relevant Facebook groups in your niche or forums and create signature link. Signature links can generate small, but nice amount of laser targeted traffic to your website

gaabscps

Im using now Facebook Groups like my Mainly advertise way, it converts well but its very better in Sales Page than Squeeze page

people that are in facebook groups like "Make Money Online" are receiving Tons of advertises, they are full of offers

Jesse

Join the group related to your business. it it very effective to get conversion rate through business related group..

Rob Whisonant

I post links to content rich blog posts that I write in "appropriate" facebook groups. Works very well.

cutelovelybaby

You can joint some Facebook Groups, which have many members and that Group's topic is related with your link. With only attractive content in your post, you can get traffic.
However, the best way is building your Fanpage and get traffic from it.

LorisZ

post your blog articles and blog links on your facebook page, you will get better traffic.

shivaganguly

You can get traffic from facebook without using facebook ads by following ways. You need to make your profile interesting. Include information about your site on your Wall and in the photo gallery. Build your network. Post regularly. Be active. Arrange your page. Check what Facebook apps are available. Use Facebook Social Ads. Start a group. Write your own Facebook extensions. Use separate profiles.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.