What is the most important thing in web design?

aceofadsense

I have a little time to learn about web design, web templates and how it plays an important role in marketing online.

Here's the list that helping a website get better

Back end Services(CMS/Software)
Clean Design
Effective Color Scheme
Branding
Functionality
Navigation
Usability
Call to Action
Short Loading Times
Active Blog
Compatibility with Multiple Browsers
Integration with Social Media
Effective Security
Offsite Reviews
In your point of view, What is the most important thing for a website template? or what is your idea?

Adam Yunker

Hey there,

In my point of view I personally think what makes a great design is not the colors or artistic appeal, but it is the ease of use to visitors on that website.

Basically to have everything right in that perfect spot. Making everything smooth and something that consistently makes it look like it's working..

What I mean by that I hate when I come across new sites and my internet might be slow or the website might be a little bit slow and I'm not sure if it's actually loading or not. Sometimes I get thrown a white page with nothing on it while I'm waiting for the next page to load.. even though I know it's loading I'm still not sure if it's working. Does that make sense?

I basically go for a site that has everything right where you'd think it would be.

That's just my take on it. I'm not an expert by no means, but that's how I think about web design :)

Have a good day :)

Adam

savidge4

All of the things you have listed are important... but I would not say the most important. Using the ideals of "Form Follows Function" you have to understand what the function of the site is. How you build and develop say a sports site may be way different than say a site that sells shoes. Developing a buyers profile is absolutely key in the process of page / site development. Many cues - color, design, navigation etc etc all hinge on the user using the page. Layout itself becomes very critical. Not just how the page looks.. but how it is seen and PROCESSED. I love [URLnf="http://vanseodesign.com/web-design/3-design-layouts/"]this article[/URLnf]. This starts to get into something that goes beyond the usability of a page... this is how a brain / eyes processes a page. Almost a good introduction into Conversion Rate Optimisation ( CRO )

AndiLim

Website design, just keep it simple yet clean looking. When you try to look for a layout make sure that it has a relevant to the product or service that you offer. Remember the saying it will only take 7seconds to capture users attention so make sure that you website layout looks good.

projectpop

A lot of things to make your website work. First visual, then the flow and lastly the function. All these 3 must work in harmony in order to create an effective website. Hope it helps!

HCFGrizzly

The most important concept in design at the moment is the concept of "less is more".
Remember this because too many people are designing way too complicated designs that are looking like something from the 90s

Rob Whisonant

With more and more people using cellphones to surf the web, mobile responsive is becoming extremely important. Your site really needs to look great on all devices these days.

ulterios

People are visual creatures, so a website that has good visual appeal and that makes a mark in a persons mind is most important to many people. Some people will put up with a site that has poor functions, loads slow, doesn't always work right if they think it is "Pretty" or "Looks cool". ;)

binelus

I have a little time to learn about web design, web templates and how it plays an important role in marketing online.

Here's the list that helping a website get better

In your point of view, What is the most important thing for a website template? or what is your idea?
A nicely places headline is a must, depending on the purpose of the landing page. A sub headline reinforces it.

And make sure there are no grammar error or misspellings anywhere (very important)!

AaronJacobson

i think design is one of the best important part of web design. if you create attractive design so easily get more return user and new user.

JonaHost

Easy navigation with great user experience is key... If its easy to get around without busting your brains then it will most likely be a success.

rfharris

For me it should be attractive, responsive and SEO friendly.

HighProxies

Yes these are all important. You want something that will be etched into the minds of the people that are visiting your site. You will want them to remember your site, so it is always nice to have an awesome website design so they want to go back and see what is new.

aceofadsense

Website design, just keep it simple yet clean looking. When you try to look for a layout make sure that it has a relevant to the product or service that you offer. Remember the saying it will only take 7 seconds to capture users attention so make sure that you website layout looks good.
I agree with you, it seems a trending for web design field today, clean and fast loading on web layouts.

With more and more people using cellphones to surf the web, mobile responsive is becoming extremely important. Your site really needs to look great on all devices these days.
I am sure you are mentioning to responsive design.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Samm

Although design, eye flow and lots of the above mentioned points are good to observe... a website can be very simple while still making sales.

I know of two real examples of websites that have poor design, yet they make sales or a regular income.

I think it has to do with demand.

Sometimes, until you put up a product on the web, you don't know if there will be a demand. Even if you've done research, the target audience can respond contrary to expectations.

Things you think everyone will want, can turn out being poorly selling products. Things you thought no one will buy, can turn into a top selling product.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.