Domain name and hosting from same place?

hoangvu

What do you guys think which is better if I host domain name and web hosting all in one place? I'm considering domain registry with go daddy and hosting with my web hosting provider I chose, is there any benefit to grouping this stuff together or not?

Your comment would be appreciated.

elcidofaguy

What do you guys think which is better if I host domain name and web hosting all in one place? I'm considering domain registry with go daddy and hosting with my web hosting provider I chose, is there any benefit to grouping this stuff together or not?

I would say never register your domain with your webhost! Don't do it!! I've learned the hardway.. Lets say you want to move webhosts due to poor performance etc - it can be much more difficult to do so when your domain is registered with them... With separating your domain all you have to do is simply change the DNS settings and you're done!

Reactions: wms

LuxVM

Hello,

I have to agree with elcidofaguy. as the saying goes "don't put all your eggs in one basket" because if you do decide to change host it could be really bad. I have heard of some spiteful hosts that keep the domain and dont let you take it. I would say keep you domain with a registrar and your hosting with a host, and make it two seperate companies, so you will not be at a loss.

Regards,
Adam

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views