How to set up your goals for better online business?

aceofadsense

Hello Guys,

When you are building your business plans and setting up your target goals then what things will you consider to make them sufficient to help you achieve success in the short term?

wrigmark

Good Point, Before starting any business plans & setting up business goals there are many large & small tricky things need to implement in to your strategy. Though you've not mentioned about what type of business but for an entrepreneur or a starter, most important part is that make your daily routine not as a common man.

As there are a lot of ideas & guide available online following some essential things need to adopt starting a business.
1.Set up your budget.
2.Research on competitors & find out your potential customers.
3. Find out partners & suppliers.
4.If possible, try to give offers, discounts for new product lunch.
5. Make a website (Chances are more ROI)
6. Implement Social Media & Local Promotion (if target is local)
7. Try to get funding from other sources.
8. Touch with investors & get advises.

Hope it will help you.

Let me know, you have got your answer or not?

Thanks,
Wrig Mark

Joe B. Ray

I just share my experience, I am not suggesting anything.

I've been running my own business for 23 years. I have done all kinds of business plans and set many different type of goals over the years.
Goals and business plans may be fine for some, but I don't do any of that stuff anymore. There is only one thing I know for sure about the
future. That is, the future is uncertain. So, I don't bother planning anything.

I have a couple of friends who are with some VC firms. They always talk to me about business plans. I just smile. They also tell me that 9 out
of 10 startups they invest in will fail. They all have an awesome business plan but they fail. I just smile. What else can I do? It's a joke...

aceofadsense

I just share my experience, I am not suggesting anything.

I've been running my own business for 23 years. I have done all kinds of business plans and set many different type of goals over the years.
Goals and business plans may be fine for some, but I don't do any of that stuff anymore. There is only one thing I know for sure about the
future. That is, the future is uncertain. So, I don't bother planning anything.

I have a couple of friends who are with some VC firms. They always talk to me about business plans. I just smile. They also tell me that 9 out
of 10 startups they invest in will fail. They all have an awesome business plan but they fail. I just smile. What else can I do? It's a joke...
If you don't have any plans for your works, how you could finish your works or goals. At least on aspect of time.

Good Point, Before starting any business plans & setting up business goals there are many large & small tricky things need to implement in to your strategy. Though you've not mentioned about what type of business but for an entrepreneur or a starter, most important part is that make your daily routine not as a common man.

As there are a lot of ideas & guide available online following some essential things need to adopt starting a business.
1.Set up your budget.
3. Find out partners & suppliers.
4.If possible, try to give offers, discounts for new product lunch.
5. Make a website (Chances are more ROI)
6. Implement Social Media & Local Promotion (if target is local)
7. Try to get funding from other sources.
8. Touch with investors & get advises.

Hope it will help you.

Let me know, you have got your answer or not?

Thanks,
Wrig Mark
Thanks for your advice!

Just getting confused about your point

Analyzing competitors I know but "find out your potential customers." which methods did you use to find them?

Joe B. Ray

Joe B. Ray
I have a plan. The plan is to work on the project I am interested in. I work on it because I like what I do. I like challenges. I solve problems and I usually don't quit until the problem is solved. That's basically what I do.

It's all about motivation, not about plans. You can have the greatest plan in the world, but it doesn't mean anything unless you're truly motivated. But, if you're truly motivated, you don't need a plan. You will get the job done.

datamaya

Instead of setting up goals, better focusing on activities target.

For example, if you want to increase your online income, instead of setting up goal like "minimum earning $ 1,000 in the next month", better you focus on what activities you should do to achieve that. Put quantitative measurements in every activity, like this:

"Join at least 10 IM forums"
"Add more 150 quality backlinks"
"Write 100 quality contents"
"Invest max. $ 100 for Facebook ads to promote my contents"
"Etc"

Now those are your targets. Focus on those activities, not on the earning $ 1,000. This is what I always do for my business, and it works. Why? Because activities are something under our control, while goals (results) are not as things change and uncertain.

WebmasterPhil

The most important consideration before setting up your business is to protect the potential downside.

Potential Downsides:

1. Are you able to cover web hosting costs for at least a year
2. Are you able to cover all the miscellaneous expenses that will make your business function
3. Do you have enough manpower if the business scales upward
4. Do you have backup plan if your website goes down
5. Will you lose a fortune if you don't make any sales

michaelandy

To set a goals for a business always need a proper market research and mindset which will help you to get your business goals easily. For example, an online business always need a well-maintained and attractive website to get more customers to your business, this can be your goals. Always try to be specific and realistic while building your business plan and never try to push yourself back while thinking big. These strategies will help you to set up your goals easily for your online business.

BelindaMT

Aceofadsense,
I have a small business that starts from a small capital. Fortunately, it is growing and I'm earning very well. I'm selling bra and underwear when I started, and now I'm also selling beauty products and clothes as well. With regards to your question how to set goals for online business, well first you have to be very determined to make it successful no matter what. Remember, expect losses at first and that is normal and don't give up. Make a feasibility study online but before you do that consider the amount of your capital and do the research what is the possible business for that certain amount.

When I decided to start my business, my goal is to make it very successful, unique to others, and be on the list of entrepreneur to watch for. This positive outlook will drives you to success.

mastrodigital

Market research will help you a lot in understanding what your competition is doing, what your customer wants, and how you can improve your own product. I believe you should also pay attention to which traffic sources, keywords, and content you use perform the best to double down on them.

fern2x2001

For me, setting up a goal for better online business is very important before launching the online business itself. But personally, my goals are really about the little things that are needed to keep the business running than just starting it. For example, here are my goals that needs to be answered before launching the business. First, what is lacking in the area where I'm planning to put up the business?! In this case, online. What could i offer that others don't?! That would give me the nature of my online business. Next is, where would i get my supplies?! Will it come from a supplier or from me?! Next is, what age bracket would my online business be targeting?! Next, will my target demographic buy or avail from my business daily?! weekly?! monthly?! and much more. If i could satisfy those primary concerns about my online business, then i could say that my online business have a bright future ahead of it.

Mark Young

I just write out and list my business goals on a text document, and I explain the goals to myself. I read that thoroughly daily, I don't need to do anything else. If you really want to do some thing, you will just do it. You will plan out when you want to launch your business, then look at your goals and read how to do it, then do it.

couponndeal22

If you are planning online business. Its God but if you want to long term business so firstly brand awareness. Brand awareness you can prefer in social media platform .

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.