Do you really need to pay for Anti-Virus software?

Harry P

Someone think that paying for antivirus software is a waste of money when you can protect your PC with free antivirus software but some think that it's worth to pay for paid antivirus software. what about you? Do you really need to pay for Anti-Virus software? Any advantages when using paid versions?

Amanda

Honestly, I don't think it's worth the money. A lot of people I know have paid for Norton and McAfee and both are crappy and generally give you more viruses than they protect you from. I've used Avira (free) and Malwarebytes on Windows computers. With my Macbook, I've never needed or used a virus program.

professorrosado

I started out with free anti-virus software but I was risking too much - but then, i have a lot to lose if my PC got infected.

So I opted after 2 or so years and some close calls to go with trend micro (I know many don't like them - but I have been secure for more years than I can remember now).
This company has a comprehensive protection span that has kept my computer and my family's devices clean.

If you have important files on your PC, I would never go free - pay for a robust security suite.

PS - keep Malwarebytes close at hand though - always good advice!

vishwa

I am using Microsoft Security essential with 360 security client. Never had any infection problem.

ulterios

I've used all the top brands, free and paid, even the ones mentioned here. The best one that I have ever used (and still do) is Avast. They have both free and paid versions, both of which are top rated and popular.

Ron Killian

I tried using free anti-virus and it never worked for me. Or I did not try the right ones. Bought Kapersky and it's worked well for me.

I've used all the top brands, free and paid, even the ones mentioned here. The best one that I have ever used (and still do) is Avast. They have both free and paid versions, both of which are top rated and popular.
years back I used the Avast free version, but still had trouble. Maybe it's gotten better.

ulterios

ulterios
Yeah I too had used it years ago, probably 7-8 years or so, and I didn't like it back then. Now it's completely different and works great. I've never had a single issue with it and it's the only one I have used that hasn't had one problem or another.

Percentage

I used multiple antivirus and avast and kapersky is the ones I use

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.