Best CMS to run an online newspaper or magazine?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
Hey there, What do you think what is the best CMS out there if you want to build a news or magazine site? Of course it needs highly SEO-able and easy to customize. I know more people here will suggest Wordpress or Joomla but do you have any alternatives?

professorrosado

Why not search Google if you're just looking for a list of CMS types? You don't give any parameters as to what constitutes the "best" CMS given that you want what WP does well, but you don't want it. I would worry about getting traffic and making it profitable more than working even harder just to get another CMS to hop and skip like WP.

rmmfree

Drupal has nice templates for magazines. Wordpress has a larger community and more themes, but perhaps you will be more comfortable with other CMS. The best way to know it is to try 2 or 3 to compare them and choose the one that fits your needs best.

Ron Killian

I have to agree, there are SO many very nice magazine theme's for wordpress. They can do some pretty amazing things these days. With drag and drop you can make the layout in so many different ways.

Never used any other CMS, so maybe my opinion is not a good one. :)

SEOPub

I have a couple of magazine-style sites going. I have used Wordpress for each. Any CMS is really what you make of it though. In the end, the only real advantage of Wordpress over other options is that it is so widely used. If you have a problem, it is more likely you will be able to find a quick solution to fix it.

I am using the Avada theme for my sites and would highly recommend it. It is HIGHLY customizable.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.