Traffic and links from YouTube can affect the ranking of a website?

rainmaker11

Hello everyone,

I have some questions hope someone can make me clear about things I am getting confused about Youtube. I have a blog around 50 to 80 UVs a day and I am planning to create some Youtube videos and promoting it. My questions are, if I put my blog links into the description of my YouTube videos, so that increase the visitors to my blog and also can affect the ranking for it on search engines like Google or Bing?

Any comments are appreciated!

Miguelito203

Yeah, you can put links in the descriptions of your videos, and if you do, it will increase your rankings in the search engines. Why? Not only would it be considered a backlink, but Youtube is owned by Google.

Joey

Miguelito203

By re-upload, do you mean your content or someone else's? If I were going to upload a video for the purpose of getting traffic to my site, I'd create one myself. I feel it's unethical to use content that someone else made -- unless it's a video by the product creator that he or she gave you permission to use. Also, when Google updated its algorithm a while ago, Google made it to where once content has been published and ranked on one site, it won't rank as high if someone else publishes the same content (first place it's published gets priority). I'd imagine the same thing would happen with videos.

Joey

TakeProfit

Adding comments with the links to YouTube videos definitely increases your search engines' rankings. Moreover, it is a really efficient promo tool for your blog - similar to adding links for your posts in social networks, etc. The usual requirement, however, that your blog must help users in some way.

elcidofaguy

Hello everyone,

I have some questions hope someone can make me clear about things I am getting confused about Youtube. I have a blog around 50 to 80 UVs a day and I am planning to create some Youtube videos and promoting it. My questions are, if I put my blog links into the description of my YouTube videos, so that increase the visitors to my blog and also can affect the ranking for it on search engines like Google or Bing?

Any comments are appreciated!
All links within the description are nofollow... Therefore this will do nothing to increase your rankings on the SERPs... You may get some extra traffic from the videos though...

HostAG

It won't affect your website as you will have nofollow links. Feel free to post as many as you wish

samimnoorzaitgc

Write your link in your video's description that gives a free Backlink. I don't know if its dofollow or nofollow but it appears as a link to your site in google webmaster tools. Anyway, It's just a great free source to get real traffic that hits the spot.

AndiLim

Its pretty much important that the content of the video is informative and at the same time engaging, yes you can insert link on yourtube but you need to ensure that you can hold the attention of the user or else he/she will search for another video. Youtube is highly in demand nowadays so you always need to come up with a good idea in order to build traffic on your website.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.